© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting 8th September 2016
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOLON THURSDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2016 AT 7.00pm     Present:  Cllr Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr Haverson, Cllr Gomes, , Williams, Knowlson. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr C Howard, PCSO Downham and one member of the public. 1. Apologies: Cllrs Dennis , Cllr Greenwood M Fordham & A Fordham Absent:  None 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following; Resignation of Cllr Warren and his letter of thanks to her.  The Vacancy Notice is to be posted on NB and website on 9 Sep 16.  There is requirement to appoint a new chair of the property Committee. Resignation of Cllr Roper of which the Clerk is to inform Wilts Council in order that a Vacancy Notice can be issued.  There is a requirement for a Vice Chairman. 1. 28.16  Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 7 July 2016 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Gomes                Agreed nem con 29.16 Matters arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 30.16 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared. 1. 31.16  Policing Issues.  PCSO Downham presented the following report: (DP=Detained Person) (IP=Injured party) (GBH= Grievous bodily harm) 16/07/2016 - Crime - Violence Against the Person – IP has been grabbed by her wrist which is now swollen, and pushed following a verbal dispute - Still being investigated 24/07/2016 - Crime Related Incident - Vehicle offences - Third party report of vehicle with window smashed and a vehicle driving away from it at speed. Closed as crime related incident, officers attended location but were unable to find the damaged car, no other reports received. 20/08/2016 - Transport - Road related offence - Male lorry driver has attempted to manoeuvre his lorry over a riverbed & become stuck. Officers have attended & found multiple issues with the lorry & have issued a prohibition notice for it. Lorry has been recovered by Ashley Wood. 27/08/2016 - Crime - Violence against the Person - Dp has been arrested for assaulting IP causing a swelling and a bruising to Ip's left cheek and a possible fracture. Dp arrested for GBH – Investigation ongoing. 28/08/2016 -Crime – Arson and Criminal Damage - Known suspect has, by unknown means smashed two windows at the IP's property. – Being dealt with by community resolution. 01/09/2016 - Crime - Violence Against the Person - Known male has been making threats to beat up IP and steal his belongings.  This is following on from a previous case IP was arrested for. – Words of advice have been passed. PCSO Downham then answered questions from Cllrs. The Chairman thanked PCSO Downham for her report. 1. 32.16 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.20pm A member of the Public asked questions regarding a failing pothole repair in response to which the chairman inform that the issue via the Wilts County App a link to which is on the Parish Council's Website. Wilts Cllr C Howard reported that a new model for local Community Policing will come into force on 17th October. Among the changes will be: The Tidworth Community Area i.e. Ludgershall, Tidworth and the nine villages will be policed under the control of Inspector Nick Mawson who is based at Devizes Police Station.  A new way of working will be introduced which will make the best and most efficient use of police resources.  A full explanation of the new arrangements will be made by Inspector Mawson at the next meeting of the Tidworth Area Board which will be held at 7 pm at The Wellington Academy on Monday 19th September.  All are welcome to attend. In addition to Inspector Mawson, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Wiltshire Mr Angus Macpherson will also be present.  The Chairman encouraged Cllrs and Villagers to attend the meeting. Cllr Howard further reported that TCAP is a forum at which issues arising in the Tidworth Community Area can be raised, discussed and action taken to resolve them where possible. It also runs a local website, and sponsors events such as concerts and the Blue Light Day in the Tidworth Area.  Following the creation of Area Boards in 2009, some of the work covered by TCAP is duplicated by the Area Board. The Area Board is the executive arm of Wiltshire Council in the Tidworth Community Area.  A meeting of TCAP representatives was held on 2nd September to review the two organisations work and to try to eliminate duplication. Arising from this meeting, the following decisions were made:  The five thematic groups, namely Economic & Built Environment, the local Policing team, the Local Youth Network, the Community Area Transport Group and Health & Wellbeing would be allocated more time to discuss issues at meetings of the Area Board.  There would be a corresponding reduction in reports from outside agencies.  The number of TCAP meetings per annum would be reduced from four to two.  TCAP, through the Chairman who is normally the Garrison Commander, would continue to exist and be ready to raise local issues independently from the Area Board.  He also informed Cllrs that there was no further news regarding the Station Approach planning Application (15/00262/FUL) The Chairman invited Wilts Cllr Howard to stay and thanked him for his report. The meeting reconvened at 7.40pm 1. 33.16  Finance Report:   In the absence of the Chairman of the Finance Committee the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Williams Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1560 Link Scheme (Donation) £200.00 1561 K Cockerton (In Motion 2 year Website fee 04 Jul 16) £110.76 1562 RBS Solutions (Accts Support 1 Aug 16) £135.60 (VAT £22.60) 1563 Bawden Ltd (Grass Cutting& Bin Emptying 29 Jul 16) £668.88 (VAT £111.48) 1564 P Gill (Printer Ink 3 Aug 16) £23.00 (VAT £3.83) 1565 P Gill (Verio Domain Name 10 Aug 16) £7.67 1566 P Gill (PAYE Repayment 10 Aug 16) £404.36 1567 JRC Cleaning Svcs (Bus shelters 15 Aug 16 £28.00 (VAT £ 4.67) 1568 Bawden Ltd (Grass Cutting& Bin Emptying 31 Aug 16(£668.88 (VAT £111.48) 1569 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses Aug - Sep 8 Sep 16) £710.06 1570 HM Revenue & Customs (PAYE & PC NI Aug -Sep 8 Sep 16) (PAYE £177.60: PC NI £29.21) = £206.81 Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con Annual Return.  Cllrs noted the conclusion of the audit for FY 15/16 with the receipt of Annual Return with minor comment made by the External Auditor.  The Clerk inform Cllrs that the Audit Completion Notice is to be posted on 30 Sep 16. FY 17/18.  Members noted the requirement to start the preparation of draft budget for presentation to full Council at November meeting and requested the Chair of F&P Committee to present a draft budget at the November meeting.  Cllrs were requested to give consideration to projects and costing for inclusion in the FY 17/18 Budget Action:  Chair Finance Committee Grants.  No requests received. Veriment.  Given that the level of grants was now likely to exceed the £750.00 set in the budget Cllrs agreed to make a veriment to the budget by moving £500.00 from line Ser 3145-Training /Publications to Line Ser 4010-Donations & Grants.  Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Gomes. Agreed nem con Action Clerk Collingbourne C of E Primary School.  Cllrs confirmed the allocation of £500.00 grant to Collingbourne C of  E Primary in support of the school's Wildlife Garden Project.  Item 65.15 of the Parish Council Meeting held on 10 Mar 16 refers.  The Project Team is requested to present a progress on the project to the Council at its next meeting on Thu 3 Nov 16. Action:  Cllr Clerk Bank Accounts.  The Bank Account signatories were confirmed as Cllrs Cockerton, Dennis, Haverson, and Williams. 1. 34.16  Property Report:  Property Committee Chairman.  Following the resignation of Cllr Warren,  Cllr Knowlson volunteered to be the new Chairman of the Property Committee. Action: Cllr Knowlson Play Area Safety inspections.  The Clerk informed Cllrs that the next inspection is due in the week starting  19 Sep 2016. Grass Cutting & Bin Emptying Contract Apr 17- Apr 20.  The Chairman reported that Cllr Dennis had informed him that on the draft schedule of works and a shortlist of companies to be invited to tender for the Grass Cutting & Bin Emptying Contract 1 Apr 17- 31 Mar 20 would be emailed to the Clerk by 5.00pm on Fri 9 Sep 16.  After discussion Cllrs agreed that once the Clerk had received the information from Cllr Dennis he was to circulate it to the Cllrs by email for comment by 10.00 am Mon 12 Sep 16.  If no comments are received by this time the Clerk is then to start the tender process on the basis of the recommendations made by Cllr Dennis.  If comments are received the Clerk is to refer them to the Chairman for consideration.  The Clerk is to request that tenders are received by NLT 1700 on Mon 10 Oct 16 in order that the Chairman of the Finance Committee can make recommendations to the next council meeting on Thu 3 Nov 16. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con    Action:  Chair Finance Committee Memorial Orchard.  Having consider request from elector to have the Memorial Orchard strimmed Cllrs agreed to have the Memorial Orchard strimmed by the contractor. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Haverson Agreed nem con Action: Clerk 1. 35.16 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting.  However, due to the lack of response from majority of Cllrs she had not been in a position to submit full and proper comments to Wilts Council.  The Chairman agreed that he was to write to Cllrs reiterating the need to and importance of responding to planning applications.  Action:  Cllr Cockerton 16/06634/TCA - Work to Trees in a Cons Area, G1 -One semi-mature Sycamore and one Ash sapling - fell to ground level at Pennyhill, Church Street. 15/11397/FUL - New Appeal Land at Station House and Station Yard, Cadley Road, SN8. 16/05700/FUL -  Erection of side extension, convert and extend loft, erection of new outbuilding at rear property and creation of new drive for off-road parking area at front of Homelea, Sunton.  16/07780/TCA - Work to Trees in a Cons Area at Rectory Cottage, Church Street, Three Poplar trees: (1) - fell (2) - cut out dead sections and reduce height by approx 30-40% (3) - reduce height by approx 30-40% Beech hedge - reduce height of trees to approx 2.5m to reform hedge Shrub - cut right back to approx 1m 16/07544/TCA - Work to Trees in a Cons Area at Little Bridge House, High Street T1 - False Acacia tree - reduce by 50%, back to growth points T2 - False Acacia tree - fell T3 - Copper Beech tree - fell 16/07862/TCA -Work to Trees in a Cons Area at 3 Bourne Rise. T1 - Silver Birch tree - fell T2 - Conifer tree - fell 16/08065/TCA - Work to Trees in a Cons Area. Two Yew trees, one Silver Birch tree and hedge - reduce all by approx one-third at Victoria House, Sunton. 16/08031/TCA - Work to Trees in a Cons Area T1- Ash - fell at Little Bridge House, High Street. 1. 36.16 Highway Matters: Footpath CD 29. Ownership and repair.   In the absence of Cllr Dennis no report was offered Parish Steward Scheme.  Cllr Cockerton confirmed that he would retain the lead for the time being. Highways Sub Committee.  Following comments from Cllr Haverson it became clear that there was a lack of clarity in the requirement to draw up a list of possible areas for a sub-committee to consider.  As a result the Chairman agreed to talk to Cllr Greenwood with regard to the drawing up of formal terms of Reference for a sub- committee. Action:  Cllr Cockerton 1. 37.16  GENERAL MATTERS. Internet Provider.  Cllr Cockerton reported that the transfer to the Imoition was complete.  However, the Clerk was still suffering "teething problems" with emails. Village Summer Event.  Cllr Cockerton reported that this event did not take place and that he would now lead on a PC organised Xmas Big Bash event similar to last year. Action:  Cllr Cockerton Speed Watch.  In the absence of Cllr Dennis no report offered. Emergency Plan.  As result of Cllr Roper's resignation no report was offered.  The Chairman agreed to investigate the requirement with a view to another Cllr being tasked with drawing up the Emergency Plan. . Burial Ground Lighting.  The Chairman reported that grant funding from TAB is not available for this project and he is to investigate other grant funding lines. Action:  Cllr Cockerton. Gilberts Piece Footpath Lighting.  The Chairman reported that he has had a discussion with the Head of the School regarding the Council paying to have the Gilberts Piece Footpath lit outside of school hours.  However the Head has yet to provide the information required to take the matter further forward. Complaints.  No complaints were received. 1. 38.16  Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 3 November 2016 at 7.00 pm.   The meeting closed at 21.00 pm. Signed: Chairman: