© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting 7th July 2016
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOLON THURSDAY 7 JULY 2016 AT 7.00 pm     Present:  Cllr Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr Haverson, Cllr Dennis, and Cllr Greenwood, In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), PCSO M Downham, Wilts Cllr C Howard and 2 members of the public. Apologies: Cllrs Roper (Vice Chair), Cllr Gomes Warren, Williams, A Fordham, M Fordham and Cllr Knowlson. 1. Absent:  None. 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman made no announcements.   1. 17.16  Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Annul Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 12 May 2016 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Haverson                Agreed nem con 18.16 Matters arising.   None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 19.16 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  Cllr Greenwood declared an interest in planning application 15/12127/LBC (Amended) at item 24.16 1. 20.16  Policing Issues.  PCSO Downham  reported on the following:  07/06/2016 - Elderly female had been driving on the wrong side of the road and caused a fellow motorist to swerve off into a hedge. Female has since surrendered her licence 15/06/2016 - Unknown suspect/s have come on to the farm and used some string from a nearby hay bale to make a collar and rein, which they have placed around the neck of a horse. Suspect has not taken the horse, but has left the string tightly around the neck of the horse. – Update, Offender has been identified and this has been dealt with by the owner of a neighbouring stables and no further action by police. Between the 20th and 24th June –St Andrews Church - Unknown suspect has attempted to gain access to the property by smashing the side window of the property. Closed Undetected 03/07/2016 - Concern from the RP that she could hear water dripping down from the neighbour’s house and could see lights on and it made her feel anxious and frightened. – Enquiries ongoing. 04/07/2016 - RP is reporting that a tracked vehicle (tank) has hit into the IPs fence and knocked it down. They have not stopped to exchange details. – Enquiries ongoing but these are being hampered due to no number plate details. The Chairman thanked PCSO Downham for her report. 1. 21.16 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.15pm.    A member of the public asked question regarding responsibility for clearing those areas of a footpath that have been restricted by vegetation and overhanging branch from properties adjoining the footpaths.  The Chairman replied by saying that he would look at the areas mentioned and report back to the member of the public and the council. Action: Cllr Cockerton. Another member of the public then asked a question regarding the conflicting replies received from the police regarding speeding through the village. There then followed a long and detailed question and answer session regarding speeding through the village, The Speedwatch Scheme, Speed Indicator Devices, the A338 Link Road,  setting of local priorities, police manning levels and the new Policing Model for Wiltshire which is due to be implemented from October 2016.  Post this session Cllrs agreed that the Council Police liaison Representative (Cllr A Fordham) was to attend the Neighbourhood Tasking Group Meetings in order that the Council's concerns and priorities can be taken into account when Neighbourhood priorities are set by the Police. It was further agreed that Cllr Fordham was to contact PCSO Downham to ascertain the date of the next meeting Neighbourhood Tasking Group. Action: Cllr Fordham            Wilts Cllr C Howard reported on the following: Progress on the A338. Link road at Tidworth. As is already well known, a Link Road is being built across the north boundary of the North East Quadrant housing estate at Tidworth. This will mean that when the Link Road is opened, HGV traffic from Andover heading north along the A338 through Collingbourne Ducis will be diverted along the link road to join the A338 north of Tidworth, and then north to Collingbourne Ducis via Church Bends, not Ludgershall Road. Construction of the Link Road is unlikely to be opened at least until the end of this year and possibly longer. A new roundabout has still to be built at the eastern end. Department for Transport Review of North/South Road Routes The Department for Transport (DfT) has agreed to review the main north/south routes from Dorset and Hampshire through Wiltshire Council and Bath and North East Somerset Council (BANES) areas. This review covers the A360 in the west to the A34 in the east, and will pay particular attention to HGV traffic on the main north/south routes, including the A338. Initial discussions between Andrew Jones MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport and his official, and representatives of the Councils involved started six months ago.  Wilts Cllr Howard has been told that both the Minister and his officials are taking a very positive attitude to the problem. The DfT has decided, as a first step, to establish the business case for reviewing the north/ south routes. This will identify the problem and the need for action to be taken. When that has been done, the next step will be to decide what needs to be done.  Wilts Cllr Howard has no personal involvement in these discussions. The Councils are being represented by their officers at a high level. The initial survey to establish the business case is being carried out on behalf of the DfT by Parsons Brinkerhoff, a large multinational design and engineering company.  Wilts Cllr Howard has been told that their initial report is proceeding well and may be completed by the end of September. Further information to be provided as it becomes available. The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report. The meeting reconvened at 8.20pm 1. 2. 22.16  Finance Report:   The Chairman of the F&P Cttee Cllr Dennis reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW  Standing Orders: 1548 St Andrews PPC (Donation 12 May 16) £300.00 1549 JRC Cleaning Svcs (Bus Shelters 12 May 16) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1550 P Gill (Postage 25 May 16) £2.37 1551 Landmarc Svs Ltd (Court Farm ROW 23 May 16) £40.00. 1552 Bawden Svcs Ltd (Grounds Maintenance & Bins 31 May 16) £668.88 (VAT 111.48) 1553 Bawden Svcs Ltd (Weed killing on Recreation Ground 2 Jun 16) £415.29 (VAT £69.20) 1554 Gillett & Johnston (Clock Servicing 3 Jun 16) ££247.20 (VAT £41.20) 1555 Southern Electric (Recreation Ground 6 Jun 16) £24.36 (VAT £1.16) 1556 K Cockerton (Burial Gd Garden Waste Collection by Wilts Council 7 Jun 16) £42.00 1557 Bawden Svcs Ltd (Grounds Maintenance & Bins 30 Jun 16) £668.88 (VAT 111.48) 1558 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses Jun & Jul 16 - 7 Jul 16) £704.06 1559 HM Revenue & Customs (Tax & NI £175.80 Jun & Jul 16 - 7 Jul) £175.80 Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Greenwood Agreed nem con Bobby Van Trust.  Having considered a grant request the Bobby Van Trust Cllrs agreed not to make a grant. Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Link Scheme Grant.  Having considered an application from the Link Scheme for a grant Cllrs agreed to make a donation of £200.00. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood           Agreed nem con Council's Employee Pension Scheme.  The Clerk informed Cllrs that the Employee Pension Scheme was in operation and that the Clerk had opted out of the scheme. 1. 23.16 Property Report:  In the absence of the Chairman of the F&P Cttee Cllr Cockerton reported that as a result of the inadequacy reporting of damage to the Council's property as recently highlighted he had drawn up a sign giving details of the reporting process.  Having considered the sign Cllrs agreed that copies be displayed on the Recreation Ground. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Greenwood.          Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Cockerton Grass Cutting & Bin Emptying Contract Apr 17- Apr 20.  Having considered process for the tendering of the Grass Cutting & Bin Emptying Contract 1 Apr 17- 31 Mar 20 Cllrs agreed that the processes set out in Standing Orders and Financial Regulations were to be followed and that the Chair of the Finance Committee was to draw up a schedule of works and shortlist of companies to be asked to tender for the contract for authorisation at the next meeting. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Haverson Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Warren 1. 24.16 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that one Planning Application had been submitted since the last meeting. 16/04735/TCA.   Works to trees in CA at 7 Gilberts Piece.  16/05155/TCA.    Work to Trees in a CA at 24 Ludgershall Road. 16/05699/TCA.      Works to trees in CA at Red Cedars. 15/12127/LBC (Amended).  Proposed single storey rear extension, conversion of garage to kitchen, construction of new three car garage, and creation of new access.  Raise height of existing chimney at Sally Lunns, 68 Cadley Road, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3EB Having considered the applications Cllrs agreed not to raise any objections. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Haverson Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Gomes 1. 25.16 Highway Matters: Footpath CD 29.  Cllr Dennis reported that the footpath had been treated with weed killer and the repairs are to be carried out when the Thatcher's scaffolding is removed.  He also reported that Wilts Council as the owners of the footpath have issued a licence to the Thatcher's to erect scaffolding on the footpath.  Cllr Dennis is now again in discussion with Wilts Council as to who should be paying for the maintenance of the footpath. Action: Cllr Dennis Highways Sub Committee.  Having considered a proposal from Cllr Haverson to set up a Highways Sub Committee to monitor and react to the plans to change lorry routes through Tidworth and the Collingbournes Cllrs agreed that Cllr Haverson and Cllr Greenwood draw up a list of possible areas for a sub-committee to consider and to present their findings at the next meeting. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Haverson & Greenwood Parish Steward Scheme. Having considered the previously circulated update from Wilts Council on the new Parish Steward Scheme Cllrs agreed that Cllr Cockerton was to be the lead Cllr until the next meeting at which point a longer term lead was to be appointed. Action:  Cllr Cockerton 1. 26.16  GENERAL MATTERS. Internet Provider.  Cllr Cockerton reported that Inmotion has been engaged on an initial 2 year contract and the transfer is now in hand.  Cllrs noted the report. Xmas Big Brunch.  Having considered holding a Xmas Big Brunch Cllrs agreed not to hold one. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed Nem con Village led Summer Event.  Having considered offering support to the organisers of a Village led Summer Event Cllrs agreed to give financial support of up to £850.00 to the event and to nominate Cllr Cockerton as the Council lead.  Finical support is subject to the Council's Standing Orders and Financial Regulations; moreover the Council will only make payments against proper invoices and only for payments that have been previously agreed by the Council Lead. No invoices for alcohol will be met and the Council retains the right to not pay an invoice if it considers it to be inappropriate to do so. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed Nem con Action:  Cllr Cockerton Speed Watch.  Cllr Dennis reported that he has tried with no avail to contact a possible volunteer with a view to explaining what is required and whether they wish to take the lead on the Speed Watch Scheme.  Cllr Greenwood offered to supply Cllr Dennis with contact details of volunteer. Action:  Cllr Dennis Emergency Plan.  Cllr Haverson reported that the template remains to be populated and he agreed to liaise with Cllr Roper to have the template populated and sent to Mr Marc Read before the next meeting. Action:  Cllrs Roper & Haverson Burial Ground Lighting.  Cllr Cockerton reported that he is waiting for Mr Cox to return from holiday before the project can move forward. However, much preparatory work has already been completed. Action:  Cllr Cockerton Complaints.  None that had not already been actioned. 1. 27.16 Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 8 September 2016 at 7.00 pm.   The meeting closed at 21.10pm. Signed: Chairman: