© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 8th January  2015
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY 8 JANURAY 2015 AT 7.30pm     Present:  Cllr K Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr D Paterson (Vice Chairman), Cllr D Dennis, Cllr T Greenwood and Cllr T Warren. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr C Howard and 4 members of the public. 1. Apologies:  Cllr N Williams, Cllr F Deane,  Cllr L Gomes and Cllr R Haverson, Absent:  Cllr J Barber-Starkey.  As Cllr Barber-Starkey has been persistently absent by failing to attend any of the meetings in the last 6 months he ceased automatically to be a member of the Parish Council IAW LGA Sect 85(1). 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: 2.1 The Pumping Station pumps are satisfactory and the station is operating at its designed capacity.  However, Investigations have identified where infiltration is entering the public sewer network during periods of prolonged wet weather.  The sealing of these areas is recommended.  More than 50 catchments are currently being investigated and Collingbourne Ducis will be included in the programme for infiltration sealing.  However, the budget for these works is limited and there are no firm dates for implementation. 2.2 Attendance at the WALC AGM on 27 Jan 15 which he agreed to attend. 2.3 An invitation to a Garden Party at Buckingham Place has been received which the Chairman is unable to attend. 2.4 That Members give thought to possible nomination for the Tidworth Community Area Awards. 3. 56.14 Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 6 November 2014 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood                Agreed nem con 57.14 Matters arising.   None that do not appear on the agenda. 4. 58.14 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  Cllrs Cockerton, Warren, Dennis and Patterson declared an interest in the A338/346 survey which is likely to come up during the adjournment for public comments/questions. 5. 59.14 Policing Issues.  Due to the absence of a Police representative no report was offered.  6. 60.14 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 8.10pm Wilts County Councillor C Howard gave an explanation of the logic and reasoning underpinning the survey and answered questions from members of the public and Parish Cllrs.  Following this Q&A session the Cllrs agreed that the PC has done as much as it can at this point and will now wait for the survey to be completed before considering the matter further.  It is understood that the survey is to be completed by the end of April 2015.  He then spoke on the lack of action on the assurances given by Wiltshire Council that the roundabout would be repaired and the markings renewed by the end of 2014.  He explained that this was the inefficiency of the Wilts Council’s contractors for which Wilts Council accepts full responsibility. The repairs are now planned for 11 March 2015.  He then spoke on the Core Strategy which will apply to planning matters until 2026 and will replace the Kennet Local Plan 2011.  He then answered question from the public and Cllrs.   The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report and his open and honest replies to the questions posed to him. The meeting reconvened at 8.55pm 7. 61.14  Finance Report: The Chairman of the F& P Cttee Cllr Warren reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Paterson Agreed nem con. Clerk’s Salary.  Having considered implementing the 2015-2016 National Salary Award Cllrs agreed to implement the award with immediate effect at SCP 24. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: Community First (Good Neighbour Coordinator grant) £100.00 Bawden Services (Oct Grass & Grounds Maintenance & Bin emptying) £608.82 Bawden Services (Nov Grass & Grounds Maintenance) £548.76 Bawden Services (Dec Grass & Grounds Maintenance) £548.76 Southern Electric (recreation Ground) £34.86 Mr P Gill Verio – Internet provider) £ 131.34 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses) £702.76 HM Revenue & Customs (Tax & NI) £175.60 Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con FY 15/16.    Having considered and scrutinised in detail a draft budget prepared by Cllrs Warren & Dennis and noted the level of Precept Grant from Wiltshire Council Cllrs accepted the budget.   It was then agreed that the Precept for FY 15/16 be set at £18257.00 to which is to be added a grant of £619.09 from Wilts Council to give a total of 18876.09.  This is an increase of 2.0% which is 0.3 below the Retail Price Index measure for September 2014 which is the figure normally used in accordance with normal Government practice. Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con    Action: F&P Cttee Grants.  Having considered making a grant to Wiltshire Portage, Citizens Advice and Victim Support Cllrs agreed to defer these grants to the next meeting. Proposed by Cllr Patterson seconded by Cllr Cockerton  Agreed nem con Action:  Clerk 8. 62.14 Property Report:  The Chairman of the F&P Cttee presented a property report covering the following: Saxon Rise.  Cllr Warren informed Cllrs that she had reported to Wilts Council the damaged fence at the play area.  Play Area Inspections. Having received and considered the previously circulated RoSPA annual play area inspection reports and a table of actions Cllr Warren reported that the general repairs and actions were in hand and that she would contact the installer of the Knapp Hill play equipment to get a quote for the repairs to that equipment. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Paterson Agreed nem con Action:  Cllrs Warren Swing & slide.   This item has not moved forward since the last meeting and the Clerk advised Cllrs that they were rapidly running out of time to get the 3 quotes required to get this project off the ground in time to have it invoiced in FY 14/15 which would mean that the £5K grant from TAB would be a risk.  Cllrs agreed that the Play Area Sub-Cttee was to meet ASP to get the project moving with a view to having the quotes by Mon 26 Jan 15 otherwise the project will have to be delayed until FY 2015/16. The sub-committee has the power to decide which quote to accept and to direct the Clerk to place the order on 26 Jan 15.  Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Paterson Agreed nem con  Action:  Play Area Sub – Cttee Cadley Road.  Cllrs had noted It has been notated that the road surface in the area of 106 Cadley Road is often covered in mud and debris resulting from the works taking place at 106 Cadley Road and directed the Clerk to ask that a Wilts Council Highway or Environment Officer visit the location to assess the best course of action to have the road kept clear of mud and debris.  After being informed that residents in Cadley Road believed 106 Cadley Road may not be in line with the planning permission granted Cllrs directed the Clerk to ask that a Planning Eenforcement Officer pay a site visit. Action:  Clerk I.T.  Equipment. This item remains in hand Action:  Cllr Cockerton & Clerk 9. 63.14 Planning Report:  In the absence of The Chairman of the Planning Cttee Cllr Cockerton reported that due to no Planning Committee Meetings having been held no comment was made on the following Planning Applications. 1410321/TCA – Tree works at Highfield House. 14/11298/FUL - Alterations, extensions and restoration of fire damaged property at Rectory Cottage, Church Street. The Clerk reminded Cllrs of the requirement for them to make timely comment on applications received. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Patterson. Agreed nem con     Action:  all Cllrs   10. 64.14 Highway Matters: Road Repairs.  This was covered earlier in the meeting by Cllr Howard in his report. Footpath CD 29.  Cllr Denis reported that this footpath is still in a state of disrepair.  He has been informed verbally that this footpath belongs to the PC.  However Cllrs were not convinced that this was the case and Cllr Dennis agreed to get formal written confirmation from Wilts Council. 11. 65.14 General. World War 1 Commemorations.   Cllr Paterson informed the meeting that he wished to thank everyone involved in the preparation of the WW1 Exhibition and all those who visited it.  The next major project is the refurbishment of the War Memorial in FY 15/16 to which ends Cllr Patterson has registered the Memorial with the War Memorial Trust. Fun in the Sun. Having considered waiving the hire fee for use of the Recreation Ground by the Fun in the Sun Activities the Cllrs agreed to waive the hire fee Complaints.  A Member of the Public having a letter of complaint to the Chairman at the start of the meeting the Cllrs agreed to set up a sub-committee to investigate the complaint IAW with the Councils complaints procedure.  The sub-committee is to consist of Cllrs Greenwood, Williams, Dean and Gomes and it to investigate the complaint and report back to the next meeting of the Parish Council.  However, the sub-committee are directed to meet as soon as is practicable. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Warren. Agreed nem com Action:   Cllrs Greenwood, Williams, Dean and Gomes. 12. 66.14   Dispensations:  The Members having considered delegating the power to grant dispensations under Section 33 (1) of the Localism Act 20111 agreed to delegate the power to the Clerk under the following relevant statutory circumstances, where appropriate; 66.14.1  without the dispensation so great a proportion of the council or authority would be prohibited from participating in that business as to impede the council’s transaction of that business (i.e. the meeting would be inquorate), 66.14.2   where granting of the dispensation is in the interests of persons living in the authority’s area or 66.14.3    It is otherwise appropriate to grant a dispensation. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action:  Clerk 13. 67.14 Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 12 March 2015 at 7.00 pm with further meetings on Wed 6 May (Annual Parish meeting & Annual Meeting of the Parish Council), Thu 2 Jul,  Thu 3 Sep and Thu 5 Nov 15.   The meeting closed at 2205 pm. Signed: Chairman: