© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 3rd September 2015
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY 3 SEPTEMBER 2015 AT 7.00pm     Present:  Cllr Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr W Roper (Vice Chair), Cllr Haverson, Cllr Gomes, Cllr Greenwood, Williams and Dennis. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), , Wilts Cllr C Howard and 2 potential co-optes. 1. Apologies: Cllrs Dean and Cllr Warren, Absent:  None. 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following:  Mary Cullen at TAB has been replaced by Marc Reed.  Wiltshire Council and Balfour Beatty have agreed by mutual consent to end their Highway Maintenance contractual agreements.  The highway maintenance will be provided by other subcontractors under the direct management of Wiltshire Council.  Clare Perry MP has invited 2 Cllrs to visit the Houses of Parliament on 16 Nov 15 with names to the Chairman by 19 Sep 15 for inclusion in a ballot.  Cllrs Roper and Haverson have volunteered to attend a Emergency Planning Workshop with a view to those Cllrs producing a draft Emergency Plan for the Village.  The company that hosts the PC website will stop hosting in Sep 16 therefore a new host will be required.  Transferring the data will be a large task any help from Cllrs or Villagers would be much appreciated.  Mrs Chloe Delgery has expressed an interest in taking on the revitalisation The Great Mere. 3. 27.15  Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 2 July 2015 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Gomes                Agreed nem con 28.15 Matters arising.   None that do not appear on the agenda. 4. 29.15 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared. 5. 30.15  Policing Issues.  In the absence of a representative no report was offered.  Cllr Cockerton agreed to raise the non attendance with the Police. Cllr Haverson agreed to contact the Police with a view to getting the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme back up and running. Action:  Cllrs Cockerton & Haverson. 6. 31.15 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.25pm Wilts Cllr C Howard reported that the Leader of Wilts Council Jane Scott had been made a Peer of the Realm.  He also expanded on the ending of Wiltshire Council and Balfour Beatty Highway Maintenance contractual agreements which the Chairman had mentioned in his opening announcements by saying that the as contract had not worked well it was best to draw a line under it now and move on.  He requested to be allowed to stay for item 34.15 Aster housing. The Chairman invited Wilts Cllr Howard to stay and thanked him for his report.                The meeting reconvened at 7.35pm 7.          32.15  Finance Report:   In the absence of the  Chairman of the F&P the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW Standing Orders: 1496 Link Scheme (Donation) £250.00 1497 Bawden Ltd (Grass Cutting& Bin Emptying 30 Jun 15) £668.88 (VAT £111.48) 1498 Grant Thornton (Audit Fees 14 Jul 15) £120 (VAT £20.00) 1499 Bawden Ltd (Grass Cutting& Bin Emptying 31 Jul 15) £668.88 (VAT £1111494 1500 Mr P Gill (Verio Domain Name) (1 Aug 15) £7.68 (EU VAT £1.28) 1501 CD Village Hall Trust ( Public Ballot Hall Hire) (23 Jul 15) £84.00 1502 Mr K Cockerton ( Wilts Council Green Bin emptying ) (22 Jul 15) £40.00 1503 RBS Software (Accts Package Support) (1 Aug 15) £133.20 (VAT £22.20) 1504 JCR Cleaning (Bus Shelters) (20 Aug 15) £24.00 (VAT £4.00) 1505 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses) 31 Aug 15 £683.04 1506 HM Revenue & Customs (Tax & NI) 31 Aug 15 £194.80    Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con Annual Return.  Cllrs  noted the conclusion of the audit for FY 14/15 with the receipt of Annual Return with minor comment made by the External Auditor. Cllrs noted the posting of Audit Completion Notice on 6 July 15. FY 16/17.  Members noted the requirement to start the preparation of draft budget for presentation to full Council at November meeting and requested the Chair of F&P Committee to present a draft budget at the November meeting. Action:  Chair F& P Committee. Grants.  No requests  received. Bank Accounts.  The Bank Account signatories were confirmed as Cllrs Cockerton, Dennis, Haverson, Williams and Warren.   8. 33.15  Property Report:  Play Area Equipment.  Cllr Cockerton gave a brief on the most recent history of the positioning of the new play area. After a lengthy discussion on the location and type of equipment Cllrs agreed that Cllrs Cockerton & Greenwood were to draw up a plan and circulate it by Thu 17 Sep 15 to the other Cllrs for consideration. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Agreed nem con Action: Cllrs Cockerton and Greenwood. Play Area Safety inspections.  Cllr Cockerton informed Cllrs that the outstanding work had been carried out.  The Clerk informed Cllrs that the next inspection is due shortly. Grass Cutting & Litter Contract.  Cllr Cockerton informed Cllrs that the contract continues to run well with minor issues being resolved as they arise. He also i   nformed Cllrs that hedge bordering the footpath alongside the River Bourne has been trimmed.  Cllr Roper raised the issue of more bins being required which Cllrs agreed should be addressed by Cllr Warren. Action:  Cllr Warren 9.         34.15 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that no Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting. Aster Housing.  Cllr Cockerton informed Cllrs that both he and Wilts Cllr Howard had been approached by Aster Housing regarding  possible housing developments in the area of the Knapp and another in the area of Saxon Rise. Cllr Cockerton explained that he had circulated to the Cllrs his email to Aster Housing in which he made it plain that any view he was expressing at this time was a personal view and not that of the PC or its Chairman.  10.       35.15 Highway Matters: Footpath CD 29. Ownership and repair.   Cllr Dennis reported that the only response he has received from The ROW Officer at Wilts Council regarding the repairs is that there is no money for the repairs.  He agreed to try and get a more positive response. Action:  Cllr Dennis             Parish Ballot - A338.  Cllr Cockerton reported that the Ballot had taken place asking one question "Do you support the  proposed traffic scheme for the church       bends?" with the following result: No -    153 (87% of the vote) Yes -     23 (13% of the vote) Total – 176 Potential number of electorate 675  - Turn out 26.1% Wiltshire Council has accepted this "No" vote and have cancelled the proposed traffic scheme.           Puffin Crossing.  Cllrs noted the work to install the Puffin Crossing had been completed and in general the crossing was welcomed within the village.  However,                               Cllr Dennis informed Cllrs that it may not meet the legal requirements with regard to distance from the Chicks Lane/ London Road junction and that his opinion the lighting was too severe. Cllrs agreed that Cllr Dennis was to write to Wiltshire Council raising these points on behalf of the PC. 11. 36.15 CO-OPTION.  Having considered the applications Marc & Alexandra Fordham and having confirmed that they had met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements they were co-opted as Members of the Council.  Cllrs M Fordham & A Fordham signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83).  The Clerk informed  Cllrs M Fordham & A Fordham of the legal requirement to complete a Register Interests Form on Wiltshire Council’s Website within 28 days of signing the Declaration of Acceptance of Office. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con 12. 37.15  GENERAL MATTERS. Christmas 2015.  Cllr Cockerton suggested that given the demise of the DEVS and with it the loss of a major opportunity for the village to get together the PC might wish to consider hosting a Christmas  social event.  After consideration and discussion Cllrs agreed that it would be a good idea and Cllrs M Fordham & A Fordham agreed to lead on the planning of the event.  The Clerk reminded Cllrs that there was no funding in the budget for such an event and that any expenditure would have to come from reserves and that the only Power to spend would be that granted under Sect 137 of the LGA 1972 which can only be used if the PC makes a formal resolution that the expenditure in the opinion of the PC is in the interests of the area or its inhabitants and will benefit them in a manner commensurate with the expenditure.   The Cllrs noted the Clerk's advice and directed that such a resolution be placed on the agenda for the next meeting. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con Action:  Cllrs M Fordham & A Fordham and Clerk Speed Watch Scheme.  Cllr Dennis agreed that he would contact PC Bunt with a view to getting the Speed Watch Scheme back up and running. Action:  Cllr Dennis Complaints.  Cllr Williams had received a complaint about the a perceived lack of  maintenance of the Memorial Garden.  After discussion it was agreed that Cllr Cockerton would speak to Mr D Patterson regarding the long term maintenance of the garden. Action:  Cllr Cockerton 13. 38.15  Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 12 November 2015 at 7.00 pm.   The meeting closed at 21.00 pm. Signed: Chairman: