© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 31st July 2014
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY 31 JULY 2014 AT 7.30pm     Present:  Cllr K Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr D Paterson (Vice Chairman), Cllr D Dennis, Cllr R Haverson, Cllr L Gomes, Cllr T Warren and Cllr N Williams. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr C Howard, P Sgt Phipps and PCSO Downham 1. Apologies:  None Absent:  Cllr J Barber-Starkey (1st). 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman invited Wilts Cllr C Howard to make the following announcement “I am delighted to be able to inform you that funding for the Puffin Crossing has been approved.  The decision is subject to confirmation by Councillor John Thomson, Cabinet Member for Highways, Streetscene and Broadband provided that there are no successful representations to him by 4th August”.  The Chairman thanked Cllr F Dean, Wilts Cllrs Howard and Whitehead and everyone else involved in working to secure the funding.  3. 23.14 Co-option.  Although there were no nominations Cllr Patterson indicate that a villager might be interested and the Clerk asked Cllr Patterson to pass on he Clerk’s contact details.  There are now two vacancies on the Parish Council and anyone interested in being co-opted should contact the Clerk in the first instance. 4. 24.14 Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 19 June 2014 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Patterson seconded by Cllr Gomes                Agreed nem con 25.14 Matters arising.   Item 20.14. Cllr Patterson informed Members that he had been in contact with Bawden’s regarding the cutting of hedges and that the matter cutting is now in hand.  Cllr Dennis asked that Cllr Patterson confirms with Bawden’s exactly what hedging is to be cut on the Bourne River footpath to which Cllr Patterson agreed. Action:  Cllr Patterson. 5. 26.14 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared. 6. 27.14 Policing Issues.  PCSO Downham from 19 June to 31 July the following incidents had been recorded: ASB in the area of Spring Meadow, theft of a van from the Garlands Industrial Estate, theft of a pedigree chicken.  She reminded Members that she still has shed alarms available for purchase.  P Sgt Phipps reminded the meeting of the need for extra vigilance during August which often brings a rise in domestic burglaries. The Chairman thanked the Police for their report. 7. 28.14 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.47pm.    Wilts Cllr Howard reminded members of the free entry to swimming sessions, with some exceptions, for children up to age 16 during the school holidays. He encouraged Members and villagers to make comment when the Puffin Crossing proposal is put out for consultation.  He briefed members on the consultation regarding the Draft Proposal for Revised Settlement Boundaries and explained planning applications inside the boundary would be easier than planning applications outside the boundaries. A copy of the planned changes is to be displayed on the PC Notice Board and that comments are to be with Wilts Council by 5.pm on Mon 22 Sep 14.  Further details can be found on the Wilts Council Website or by telephoning 01225 713 223.  This matter will be an agenda item at the next PC meeting on Thu 11 Sep 14 The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report.   The meeting reconvened at 8.25pm 8. 29.14 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that one Planning Application had been submitted since the last meeting. 14/06771/VAR - 106 Cadley Road, the variation to existing plans, related to the removal of a tree.  Having considered the application Members agreed to object and directed Cllr Gomes to reply.  It 14/05874/FUL – Proposed ground floor extension to north elevation.  It was noted that no objection had been raised. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Haverson Agreed nem com Action:  Cllr Gomes 9. 30.14  Finance Report:   Cllr Warren Chairman of the F& P Cttee reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Members accepted. Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: Mr P Gill (Printer Ink) £33.00 1st Clean Services (Bus Shelters) £24.00 Bawden Ltd (Grass Cutting) £728.94 D Dennis (Tidworth Area Board hosting) £45.00  K Cockerton (Padlock) £5.99 K Cockerton (Timber) £31.68 K Cockerton (Copies of Padlock keys) £15.00 WALC (Annual Subs) £334.49 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses) £672.66 HM Revenue & Customs (Clerk’s Tax & PC’s NI) £195.22 Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Grants.  Having considered a grant request from the Collingbournes, Chute and Everleigh Link Scheme Members agreed to make a grant of £250.00. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Gomes. Agreed nem con Action:  Clerk Bank Accounts.  The signatories on the Lloyds’s bank accounts were confirmed as K Cockerton, D Dennis, R Haverson, N Williams and J Dowsett.  Members then agreed that J Dowsett be removed and T Warren added.  As it was unclear as to who were the signatories on the Scottish Widows Account Members agreed that Cllr Dennis was to contact Scottish Widows to seek clarification. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Gomes. Agreed nem con Action:  Cllrs Warren & Dennis VAT Reclaim.  Members noted the receipt of £ 695.80VAT Reclaim 13/14 10. 31.14 Property Report:  The Chairman of the F&P Cttee presented a property report covering the following: Swing & slide.   Cllr Warren has been informed by TAB that the grant must be spent by 31 Mar 15.  The Chairman of Ludgershall Town Council has agreed to assist with helping to develop a way forward to get the project of the ground in order to draw down the grant before 31 Mar 15. Action:  Cllr Warren Grass Cutting Contract.  Cllr Patterson had already briefed Members on the contract at item 25.14 and confirmed that the Environment Agency would cut and clear the base of the River Bourne in late autumn.  Following a discussion on  the cutting of the Great Mere Members agreed that Cllr Patterson was to contact Bawdens with a view to cutting an access “Footpath”. Action:  Cllr Patterson Safety Inspections.  Cllr Warren tabled her first report and it was agreed that the format was acceptable and that the inspections should take place monthly and be circulated submitted electronically to the Members and Clerk. Action:  Cllr Warren Litter Contract.  Cllr Warren asked Members for authority to approach a Nick Talbot with regard to his company emptying the PC’s bins for the period November 14 to March 15 and for general year round litter picking.  Members agreed the authorisation as directed Cllr Warren to circulate the cost estimate to Members prior to making any commitment with Nick Talbot.  Members further agreed to the purchase of a new bin at a cost not to exceed £300.00 +VAT.  Clrr Patterson reminded Members that volunteers were required for the October Litter Pick. Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Williams Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Warren Collingbourne FC.   The Clerk confirmed that the agreement between the PC and Collingbourne FC for the use of Recreation Ground had been signed by both parties and that the first ½ years rent had been paid. 11. 32.14 Highway Matters: Cllr Haverson had circulated a nil report but noted a hive of activity on the Andover/ Devizes road, but was not aware of any improvement within the Parish.  It was noted that it would now appear that the Roundabout in the village is on the Wilts Council Schedule of Repairs. Andover Business Park Signing Strategy.  Having considered the impact on the A338 through the village Members asked Wilts Cllr Howard to inform Wilts and Hants Councils that while Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council recognises the potential benefits to residents living on the A346 Ludgershall Road, the Parish Council are anxious to reduce the effect of any increase in traffic on the A338 at Church Bends if the Hampshire proposal goes ahead. One idea discussed was to put Priority/Give Way signs at Church Bends, or possibly traffic lights. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis agreed nem con Action:  Wilts Cllr C Howard 12. 33.14 General. Complaints.  Cllr Cockerton briefed Members on a complaint that had been received by email regarding the condition of Mill Lane which has been actioned by the Clerk.  The same complaint covered the condition of and the access to the Recreation Ground across the MOD Land for which the PC pays an annual rent.  The Members considered the access to be in an acceptable condition however directed the Clerk to bring the complaint to the notice of the MOD agent. Action:  Clerk World War 1 Commemorations.  Cllr Paterson informed Members that the Sign was fitted on 31 Jul 14,a Church Service was to be held at 2.pm on Mon 4 Aug followed by the blessing and formal opening of the Orchard to be followed by tea and cakes provided by the villagers and that he continues to liaise  with the Headteacher.  He also outlined the events planned for the autumn.  The Clerk confirmed that he has passed the PC’s bank details to Veronica Ford in order that the £1K TAB grant can be paid. 13. Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 11 September 2014 at 7.30 pm.   The meeting closed at 21.20 pm. Signed: Chairman: