© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 2nd July  2015
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY 2 JULY 2015 AT 7.00pm     Present:  Cllr Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr W Roper (Vice Chair), Cllr Haverson, Cllr Gomes, Cllr Warren, Cllr Greenwood. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), PCSO N Cleife, Wilts Cllr C Howard and 3 members of the public. 1. Apologies: Cllrs Dean, Williams and Dennis. Absent:  None. 2. 14.15  Chairman. The Chairman made a statement regarding his decision to resign and his subsequent decision to withdraw his resignation making it clear however that fellow Cllrs must be more responsive to his requests for opinions and  to take on tasks.   3. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following:  The funeral of Ellie Davidson on Saturday 4th July. 4. 15.15  Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Annul Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 6 May 2015 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Gomes                Agreed nem con 16.15 Matters arising.   None that do not appear on the agenda. 5. 17.15 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  Cllr Greenwood declared an interest in item 20.15 - Link Scheme Grant. 6. 18.15  Policing Issues.  PCSO Cleife reported that from 6 May to 2 July the following incidents had been recorded: one dangerous driving- driver not found, loose cows on the road, car broken down in church bends which was pushed to safety by 2 PCSOs and a missing school child who was found "hiding" in the school. The Chairman thanked PCSO Cleife for her report. 7. 19.15 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.25pm.    A member of the public asked if the decision to reroute traffic through the village could be reversed.  Wilts Cllrs Howard replied that it was not possible under normal circumstances and that the proposal was in the Kennet/Wilts County Local Plan for at least 10 years.  Another member of the public stated that the Public Meeting held to discuss the rerouting was an excellent example of local democracy at work.   A member of the public asked if the Council would reconsider its decision to not tackle the weed infestation of the grass on the Recreation Ground.  The Chairman responded by explaining how the Council arrived at its decision.  The same member of the public asked that the Council consider positioning the new play area in the area of the Skate Board/BMX Ramps.  The chairman replied  that the request would be taken into consideration by the Cllrs.   Wilts Cllr C Howard reported that the Puffin Crossing had been delayed due to emergency work being carried out elsewhere by the team allocated to the crossing; the        revised start date is 13th July. He has asked that the safety of the sharp bend between the Knapp and Hougoumont Farm be looked at.  He gave an update on the changes of the Recycling Centres the details of which can be found on the PC and Wilts Council websites.  He also reported that the sewer sealing works in Collingbourne Ducis are programmed for the financial year 2016/2017. The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report. The meeting reconvened at 8.00pm 8.          20.15  Finance Report:   The Chairman of the F&P Cttee Cllr Warren reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Warren Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW  Standing Orders: 1483 Mr P Gill (Printer Paper 5 May 15) £15.96 (VAT 2.66) 1484 Gillett & Johnston (Clock Service 1 May 15) £247.20 (VAT £41.20) 1485 Mr P Gill (Stamps 8 May 15) £25.92 1486 Tidworth Area Community Partnership  Grant 16 May 15) £600.00 1487 Bawden Svcs Ltd (Grounds Maintenance & Bins 30 April 15) £668.88 (VAT 111.48) 1488 Land Marc Svcs (ROW Rent 20 May 15) £40.00 1490 Bawden Svcs Ltd (Grounds Maintenance & Bins 29 May 15) £668.88 (VAT 111.48) 1491 Village Hall Trust (Hall Hire) (18 Jun 15) £24.00 1492 Southern Electric (Recreation Ground 8 Jun 15) £24.47 (VAT £1.16) 1494 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses) £672.84 HM Revenue & Customs (Tax & NI) £168.00 Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Gomes Agreed nem con Link Scheme Grant.  Having considered an application for a grant from the Link Scheme Cllrs agreed to make a donation of £250.00. Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Haverson Agreed nem con Action:  Clerk   9. 21.15  Property Report:  The Chairman of the F&P Cttee presented a property report covering the following: Play Area Inspections.  Cllr Warren gave a reported that the gate to the play area on Saxon Fields was missing and that she would report it to Wilts Council.  She briefed Cllrs on the current situation regarding the outstanding work/repairs on the existing play equipment and tabled quotes from Poole Landscaping totalling £659.00 that had been previously circulated to the Cllrs for prior consideration.  Having considered the quotes Cllrs agreed to accept the quotes, but deferring the fencing of the rec until the chairman has heard  back from Mr Gordon whether we can modify his fence which would be a cheaper option Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Roper Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Warren Play Area Equipment.  Cllr Greenwood gave a brief on the recent history of the positioning of the new play area including the request made earlier in the meeting               by a member of the public after which the Cllrs considered the way forward and agreed the following: a. The Play Area was to go ahead in this FY. b. That Cllrs Greenwood, Cockerton and Gomes were to conduct a site visit on Friday 3rd June to look at the possible locations and to report back to the other Cllrs by email with recommendations with a view to making a final decision on the location of the play area by Thursday 16 July at the latest. c. That Once the Cllrs have made the decision on the location the project was to go ahead at best speed. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Agreed nem con Action: Cllrs Greenwood, Cockerton and Gomes   10. 22.15 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that one Planning Application had been submitted since the last meeting. 15/04547/FULReplacement garage at London House, Sunton.  Having considered application Cllrs agreed not raise any comments or objections. 15/05871/FULAlterations and extension to barn for storage of straw at Sunnyhill Farm. Having considered application Cllrs agreed not raise any comments or objections. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Haverson Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Gomes 11. 23.15 Highway Matters: Footpath CD 29. Ownership and repair. In the absence of Cllr Dennis this item was deferred to the next meeting. Hedge.  Due to the hedge overhanging the footpath the hedge is now a serious hazard and the Chairman agreed to write to Bawdens regarding the cutting.  As an interim measure the Cllrs agreed to organise a voluntary tidy up by a team of Cllrs. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Warren Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Cockerton & Cllr Warren A338 Survey.  At the meeting held on the 10th June a request was made to ballot the entire village on this on the proposed traffic scheme for the church bends on the A338. The council agreed to do this as means to gauge the feelings of the Parish before it gives its feedback to Wiltshire Council. The organisation of the Ballot is to be lead by Cllr Cockerton and is to be held on Wednesday 8th July 2015 between the hours of  3 – 8pm  and  on Sunday 12th July 2015 between the hours 12 – 2pm at the village hall.  All those on the electoral roll can vote. If for any reason an elector is unable to attend either of these days due to illness, disability or age they should contact the parish clerk parishclerk@collingbourne-ducis.com  or on 01264 398 534 who will deliver a ballot paper to them on which they can enter their  decision.  There will be only one question on the ballot paper, “Do you support the proposed traffic scheme for the church bends?”  Yes/No. The scheme plans are to be  available at www.collingbourne-ducis.com, and is to be displayed on the council notice board and the report is to be available on the ballot days. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Roper Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Cockerton Puffin Crossing.  This item was covered earlier in the meeting. 12. 24.15  GENERAL MATTERS. Complaints.  None that had not already been actioned. 13. 25.15 CO-OPTION.  There are 2 vacancies on the Council and anyone interested in being co-opted should contact the Clerk in the first instance on 01264 398 534. 14. 26.15  Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 3 September 2015 at 7.00 pm.   The meeting closed at 21.20 pm. Signed: Chairman: