© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 26th October 2015
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON MONDAY 26th OCTOBER 2015 AT 7.00pm     Present:  Cllr Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr W Roper (Vice Chair), Cllr Haverson, Cllr Gomes, Cllr Greenwood, Cllr Dennis,  Cllr Warren and Cllrs M Fordham & A Fordham In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr C Howard and one member of the public. 1. Apologies: Cllr Williams. Absent:  None. 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following:  Cllr F Dean had resigned and was thanked for all her hard work in her time as a Member of the Council.  The disappointing turnout from the village for the litter pick on 10 October.  The possibility of the Council supporting a Housing Needs Survey that would be run by Wilts Council but with postage costs paid for by Aster Housing.  The Cllrs did not want to commit to supporting the survey without having sight of the survey questions and how the output might be used.  To that end the possibility of the Council supporting survey is to be placed on the agenda for the next meeting. 3. 27.15  Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 3 September 2015 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Roper seconded by Cllr Greenwood                Agreed nem con 28.15 Matters arising.   None that do not appear on the agenda. 4. 29.15 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  Cllrs M & A Fordham declared a pecuniary interest in planning application: 15/09713/FUL - Car Port over existing car parking spaces at Ailesbury Cottages, Church Street, Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire, SN8 3FN 5. 30.15  Policing Issues.  The following report from PC T Bunt was received by email:  "There are 7 logs relating to the Collingbournes since the first of Sept. 3 of them relate to the same premises which was unfortunately burgled twice.  The other logs are an alarm activation and a couple of cars of interest going through the cameras. There have been some concerns about speeding on the road out of the village towards Ludgershall which we are looking at but safety on stopping vehicles is a concern. I don’t know if speedwatch is something that may want to be looked at again?" Cllrs noted the report and Cllr Dennis agreed to contact PC Bunt regarding the Speedwatch Scheme. Action:  Cllr Dennis 6. 31.15 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.25pm A member of the public spoke on the subject of damage caused to a wall on Church Bends by tracked military  vehicles.  The Clerk explained the need for the vehicles and commanders to be using the roads through the village and the military process for reporting accidents and damages.  The Chairman agreed to raise the subject to the Garrison Commander at the next TCAP meeting and to request statistics regarding reported accidents and damage. A member of the public spoke on the subject of the planning application 15/09713/FUL - Car Port over existing car parking spaces at Ailesbury Cottages, Church Street, Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire, SN8 3FN which the Cllrs noted. Wilts Cllr C Howard explained the need for maintenance issues to be raised via the Wilts Council Website or preferably via the Wilts Council App.  If issues are not reported then they will not be addressed. He informed Cllrs that grant money is still available from TCAP for capital projects.  He informed Cllrs that the Everleigh Recycling Site is not to be closed in the immediate future but that its long future remains under review. The Chairman invited Wilts Cllr Howard to stay and thanked him for his report. The meeting reconvened at 7.46pm 7. 32.15  Finance Report:   The  Chairman of the F&P reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted.  The Clerk informed Cllrs that there was the possibility of an 10% overrun on the Grass Cutting & Bin emptying contract  however there are compensating undespends in other line serials on the budget. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1507 Bawden Ltd (Grass Cutting& Bin Emptying 28 Aug 15) £668.88 (VAT £111.48) 1508 Poole Landscaping (Play Area Maint 3 Sep 15) £651.00 1509  SSE (Rec Ground Electricity  4 Sep 15) 31.90 (VAT £ 1.51) 1510 Playsafety Ltd (Play Area Inspection 29 Sep 15) £166.80 (VAT £27.80) 1511 Bawden Ltd (Grass Cutting& Bin Emptying 30 Sep 15) £668.88 (VAT £111.48) DD E08570 (CD VH Loan Interest 30 Sep 15) £1328.33 1512 CD Village Hall Trust (Hall Hire x 3 17 Nov 14) £84.00 1513 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses) – £683.04 1514 HM Revenue & Customs (Tax & NI) £170.80 Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con FY 16/17.  Members noted the requirement to start the preparation of FY 16/17 draft budget with Precept recommendation for presentation to and consideration by the Full Council at the January meeting Action:  Chair F& P Committee. Grants.  No requests  received. 8. 33.15  Property Report:  Play Area Equipment.  Cllr Greenwood briefed Cllrs on the outcome of the Play Area Sub-Committee investigations into the various options for the play area equipment , its installation and safety surfaces and explained the costing detailed on a provisional quote from a company called "Homefront".  Moreover he explained that only "Homefront" could supply the equipment  i.e.  "A Pirate ship" identified by the Sub-Committee as being suitable play equipment.  "Homefront" could supply and install the "Pirate ship" and a range of safety surfaces but for some of the safety surfaces there may need to be some prior ground preparation by others.  After a long and detailed discussion of the various options Cllrs agreed the following: a. To accept an application from Play Area Sub-Committee to waive financial regulations relating to contracts to enable a price for the New Play Equipment to be negotiated without competition as only Homefront Ltd" supply the equipment recommended by the Sub-Committee. b. To accept quote 27834 dated 15 Oct 15 from "Homefront" for the supply and installations of the play equipment items listed on the quote at maximum cost of £13673.00 but subject to further negotiations. c. To delegate to the Sub-Committee the execution of the negotiations with "Homefront" for the play area equipment and the decision whether to purchase or not.  Cllr Greenwood to conduct the negotiations on behalf of the Council.  However, order to be placed by the Clerk. d. To delegate to the Sub-Committee, once the final cost of the "Pirate ship" has been agreed, the further investigation of  suitable safety surfaces and any ground preparation and the decision to purchase.   However, order to be subject to the normal tendering process and to be placed by the Clerk. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Agreed nem con Action: Play Area Equipment Sub-Committee. Play Area Safety inspections.  Cllr Warren informed Cllrs that the September 2015 Annual RoSPA Inspection Report had not identified any major work and that the    minor work that it did identify was to be carried out on self-help basis at a cost not to exceed £100.00 + VAT. Action:  Cllr Warren Grass Cutting & Litter Contract.  Cllr Warren informed Cllrs that the contract continues to run well with minor issues being resolved as they arise. the cutting of the Great Mere was raised and Cllr Warren agreed to follow this up with the contractor. Action:  Cllr Warren Burial Ground Bins.  Cllr Roper asked if one of the bins near the church could be moved to near the gate at the opposite end of the burial ground to which Cllrs agreed.   Action:  Cllr Warren 9. 34.15 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following planning applications had been received from Wilts Council: 15/08155/FUL.  Conversion of existing dwelling to staff accommodation (Site A). Erection of replacement dwelling, with associated parking, turning, landscaping, and private amenity space (Site B)at  4 Herridge (Site A) and Land off Cadley Road (Site B), Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3EG  which had been subsequently withdrawn. 15/09167/FUL.  Erection of detached garage  at Rectory Cottage, Church Street, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3EL.  Having considered the application Cllrs agreed to not raise any objections or comments and directed Cllr Gomes to reply to that effect. Action:  Cllr Gomes Having already declared a pecuniary interest in the following application Cllrs M & A Fordham left the meeting at 7.52pm 15/09713/FUL.   Car Port over existing car parking spaces at Ailesbury Cottages, Church Street, Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire, SN8 3FN.  Having considered the application and having noted the comments of other residents Cllrs agreed to raise comments covering the following:  the negative impact on the view of and from the Old School House, the possible overdevelopment in a Conservation Area of the Village the details of which Cllrs directed Cllr Gomes to submit to Wilts Council.   Action:  Cllr Gomes Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Warren                Agreed nem con Cllrs M&A Fordham rejoined the meeting at 8.06pm 10.       35.15 Highway Matters: Footpath CD 29. Cllr Dennis reported that he could arrange for major holes in the footpath to be repaired by a family member for free if the Council paid for the materials.  Members thanked  Cllr Dennis for the offer and agreed for the repairs to go ahead at a cost not to exceed £100.00+VAT. Action;  Cllr Dennis Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Cockerton                Agreed nem con Puffin Crossing.  Cllrs noted that a local resident had complained to Wilts Council that the new street lighting was impacting on his family's ability to sleep at night.  As a result of the complaint Wilts Council has agreed to added shading to the lights. Parish Steward.  The Clerk reported that The Parish Scheme has been suspended for the time being however it is to be included in the Local Highway Services section of the new Highways Contract which is due to start in April 2016.   11. 37.15  General Matters. Christmas Social Event 2015. Cllrs M & A Fordham tabled one page briefing note for Cllrs to consider. After a lengthy and detailed consideration Cllrs agreed that a ticket based Village Brunch be held in the Village Hall on Sunday 13 December between 9.00 am & 12.00 noon at a cost to the Council that is not to exceed £500.00.  However, it is anticipated that ticket sales and sponsorship will cover the cost.  And that in accordance with its powers under sect 137 and 139 of the LGA 1972, the Council should incur the following expenditure which, in the opinion of the Council, is in the interests of the area or its inhabitants and which will benefit them in a manner commensurate with the expenditure of £500.00 on the hosting of a Village Christmas Social event. Proposed by Cllr A Fordham seconded by Cllr Cockerton. 6 for 3 against. Action: Cllrs M & A Fordham Vodafone Rural Open Sure Signal Programme.  Cllr Cockerton briefed Cllrs on an opportunity to improve the Vodaphone mobile phone coverage across the village by having transmitter installed for free with the cost of the electricity  (circa £36.00 per annum) being met by the Council.  Cllrs agreed in principle to meet the cost and directed Cllr Cockerton to make the necessary arrangements subject to a final decision by the Council. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Gomes 8 for 1 against Speed Watch Scheme.  Covered earlier in the meeting at item 30.15 Emergency Plan.  Cllrs Haverson & Roper reported that they had attended a meeting and were now in a position to start work on drafting an Emergency Plan for the Village.  Cllrs agreed that a Sub-Committee consisting of Cllrs Haverson, Roper and M Fordham be formed to draw up a draft plan for presentation at the next Council meeting. Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Roper. Action: Emergency Plan Sub- Committee Everleigh Recycling Site.  Covered earlier in the meeting at item 31.15. Burial Ground.  Concerns have been raised regarding inadequate lighting on the footpath through the burial ground. Cllrs deferred this item to the next meeting citing a lack of time to give it due consideration.  In the meantime Cllrs M & A Fordham agreed to try and get some costings for the provision  of a power supply. Action:  Cllrs M & A Fordham Complaints.  Cllr Cockerton reported on the actions he had taken regarding a complaint that  the Council has been dismissive of concerns of Ludgershall Road residents.  As the complainant did not attend the meeting Cllrs agreed to take no action at this time. 38.15  Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 7 January 2016 at 7.00 pm.   The meeting closed at 22.15 pm. Signed: Chairman: