© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2020
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING AT 7.00 pm. ON MONDAY 26th OCTOBER 2020 Present: Cllrs P Knowlson (Chairman), K Cockerton, D Dennis, S Batley and M Arnold. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling, Wilts Cllr C Williams, Mr S Lyons (potential co-optee) and Mr J Wood (potential co-optee) 1. Apologies. L Gomes 2. 45.20.20 Chairman’s Announcements. The Chairman welcomed everyone and then announced or spoke on the following: the COVID -19 impact on the functioning of the Council and the mitigation that has been put in place to reduce the impact. He thanked ex Cllr Hartley for all his hard work during his time as a Cllr and wished him well on his future deployment and looked forward to seeing him back on the Council post his deployment. Moreover, now that Cllr Hartley has resigned a new Vice Chair was required for which Cllr Cockerton was proposed and elected. 3. 46.20 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests. Although Cllr Gomes is not in attendance, she has previously declared an interest in item 53.20. 20/07504/FUL. 4. 47.20 Co-Options. Having considered applications from S lyons and Mr J Wood and having confirmed that they had met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements Cllrs RESOLVED to Co-opt S lyons and J Wood as Members of the Council. Cllr Lyons and Cllr Wood then agreed to sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83) as soon as was practicable. The Clerk then informed Cllrs Lyons and Wood of the legal requirement to complete a Register Interests Form on Wiltshire Council’s Website within 28 days of signing the Declaration of Acceptance. 5. 48.20 Minutes of the last meeting. Having reviewed the minutes of the) Parish Council Meeting held on 3 September 2020 Cllrs RESOLVED to accept the minutes as a true and accurate record of the meeting and for the Chairman to sign them as soon as was practicable. 49.20. Matters arising. None that do not appear on the agenda. 6. 50.20 Police Report and Policing Issues. No serials relevant to Collingbourne Ducis. 7. 51.20 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.10pm. Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling reported the following: General - While the national interest is focussed on areas with much higher infection rates, be aware that Wiltshire’s rates are rising towards the 100/100K level. We are all probably aware of a school, venue or individuals needing some degree of quarantine. Generally, the institutions and people of Wiltshire are being really co-operative and sensible. Recent notable Council activity - Leisure Centres have now all reopened but with reduced range of activities focused on gymnasium & swimming. Expanding the opening times and range of activities where we can, but reversals remain a possibility. Libraries: Pewsey - Tuesday 27 October with browsing for 30 min and use of PC for 45 min. The mobile libraries providing services to rural areas and residential homes will also be hitting the road again from Tuesday 20 October. Netheravon library is the pilot for reopening all volunteer libraries. Hoping to have all open by end of year. People Friendly Salisbury project started 21 Oct. Pedestrians and cyclists are given priority as several streets in the city centre will be restricted for use by through traffic. The scheme will be fully monitored throughout its 18 months, with 47 sensors providing anonymous data on vehicle and pedestrian movements within the Low Traffic Zone (LTZ), on the A36 and at other key points in the city. Some vehicles will be able to access the LTZ; emergency vehicles; buses and coaches; taxis; zone residents; vehicles that are loading and unloading, (although vehicles over 7.5t will be excluded between 10am and 4pm); and Blue Badge holders. Free School Meals - To ensure that children do not go hungry during these school holidays and to ensure that Wiltshire families know that they will be supported, the Council will be funding free meals during the October half term. This will be reviewed throughout the pandemic and we will continue to make sure that any child and family who needs help gets it. As we have done throughout, we will continue to work with our partners in the community and voluntary sector to make sure the needs of our residents are met at this unprecedented time. The work of our community groups has been, and continues to be, amazing and I must thank them for their tremendous support throughout the pandemic. Those entitled to free school meals or universal credit and struggling to pay for food over half term, should contact the Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub for support. Cllr Cockerton commented that although he was very impressed in general with what Wilts Council has done regarding COVID 19 he did express a concern that the publication of the information regarding Free School Meals was very late. However, he will ensure that it is up on the PC website tomorrow. Finance – We are currently considering the financial situation as at mid financial year (end Sep). The good news is that it is substantially better than 3 months ago largely due to some very prompt and strict financial measures. The not so good news is the large number of indeterminates for the near future and next year. We await the spending review promised by the end of the year. Parish Councils will be sent a draft Tax Base early Nov which will be reviewed and confirmed early Dec Cllrs noted the report and asked a number of questions for clarity in particular Cllr Cockerton asked a question regarding the Parish Steward’s working Practices which Wilts Cllr Blair-Billing agreed to look into and report back. Meeting reconvened at 7.35pm 8. 52.20 Finance Report. The Clerk presented the Income and Expenditure report for August along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements. Cllrs Members noted the report and reconciliations. The following Bills and cheques were presented and authorised for payment: 1838 P Gill (Clerks Sal & Exps Sep 20) £408.77 1839 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE 14 Sep 20) £93.20 1840 SSE (Rec Gd Electric 7 Sep 20) £22.57 (VAT £1.07) 1841 Idverde Ltd (Gds Maint & Bins 12 Jun 20) £548.70 (VAT £91.45) 1842 Idverde Ltd (Gds Maint & Bins Oct 19 & May 20) £1086.85 (VAT £181.14) 1843 P Gill (Clerk’s Sal & Exps 16 Oct 20) £408.97 1844 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE 16 Oct 20) £93.00 DD – PWLB (CDVH) loan interest 30 Sep 20) £1328.13 1845 Idverde (Gds Maint & Bins Oct 20) £548.70 (VAT £91.45) 1846 K Cockerton (Zoom Mtg 26 Oct 20) £14.39 1847 K Cockerton (Shelter Maint 10 Oct 20) £84.60 (VAT £ 14.10) 1848 P Gill (Printer Cartridge 23 Oct 20) £22.49 (VAT £3.75) 1849 P Knowlson (Postage 15 Oct 20) £5.85 Having considered the bills and cheques presented above Cllrs RESOLVED to and authorise them for payment. Action: Clerk Mistaken Transfer. The Clerk informed Cllrs that £904.81 had been mistakenly transferred into the PC’s bank account from an account in Greece. The account holder had been in touch with the Clerk requesting that £904.81 be transferred back to his account in Greece. The Clerk had discussed this with the PC’s Bank who advised the Clerk to inform the account holder in Greece that they should approach their bank and request them to contact the PC’s bank with a request for the £904.81 to be transferred back to their account in Greece. The account holder has made this request, however the £904.81 remains in the PC’s account. Cllrs noted the mistaken transfer. Action: Clerk Precept. Cllrs noted the receipt of the 2nd half on the Precept for FY 20/21. Projects. To receive and consider updates on progress and quotes on the following projects and to reallocate lead Cllrs: Storage. – Cllr Knowlson reported that he had identified a suitable container at a cost of £1200.00 + VAT plus a delivery fee of £150.00. After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise the purchase of a container and a delivery fee subject to the completion of the ground works. However, there may be another option which Cllrs authorised Cllr Knowlson to investigate. Action Cllr Knowlson Recreation Shelter. Cllr Cockerton reported that the shelter has been reroofed, but requires some structural work. After discussing whether to paint the roof with an anti-vandal deterrent or to reposition a litter bin to stop it being used as a stepping stone on to the roof Cllrs RESOLVED that the bin was to be repositioned away from the shelter which Cllr Knowlson agreed to action ASP and to then monitor the situation. Action: Cllr Knowlson. Bus Shelter. Cllr Knowlson outlined the history of this project which Cllr Hartley was leading on and now that he has resigned a new lead Cllr was required. Cllr Batley volunteered to accept the lead and Cllr Knowlson agreed to pass on the details of the current status of the project. Action: Cllrs Batley and Knowlson Footpath. Cllr Knowlson outlined the history of this project which Cllr Hartley was leading on and now that he has resigned a new lead Cllr was required. Cllr Dennis volunteered to accept the lead and Cllrs Lyons and Lyndsay agreed to assist Cllr Dennis and Cllr Knowlson agreed to pass on the details of the current status of the project. Action: Cllrs Dennis, Lyons, Lyndsay and Knowlson Telephone Box. Cllr Knowlson outlined the history of this project which Cllr Hartley was leading on and now that he has resigned a new lead Cllr was required. Cllr Knowlson volunteered to accept the lead and Cllr Arnold agreed to assist Cllr Knowlson. Action: Cllrs Knowlson and Arnold. Grant Requests. None received. 9. 53.20 Planning Report: 20/06672/FUL. Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of detached self-build dwelling and associated infrastructure at 912 Church Street, SN8 3EL Having previously considered the above applications Cllrs RESOLVED not make any comment. Action: Cllr Gomes 20/08812/TCA. Proposal: - T1-ash - fell T2- ash -remove lowest limb T3-ash- remove lowest limb T4-holly - reduce and reshape G1-lime - re-pollard at The Old Rectory, Church Street, SN8 3EL. Having previously considered the above application Cllrs RESOLVED not make any comment. Action: Cllr Gomes 20/07504/FUL. Construct front porch, convert single garage to double, create rear conservatory At 7 Bourne Rise, SN8 3HG. Cllr Gomes had previously declared a pecuniary interest in this item. Having previously considered the above application Cllrs RESOLVED not make any comment. Action: Clerk 10. 54.20 Play Areas. Cllr Knowlson reported that the Play Areas were open and being used and that the COVID -19 risk assessment was being followed. The latest inspections conducted by the contractor had only identified a small number of minor faults all of which were in hand or being monitored. Action: Cllr Knowlson 11. 55.20 PARKING RESTRICTIONS ON CADLEY ROAD. Cllr Knowlson reported that he had received an email requesting the imposition of parking restrictions. Cllr Knowlson then outlined the background to speeding, the virtual Footpath, parking and the possibility of having the speed limit reduced on Cadley Road. Cllr Knowlson also reported that he has emailed Wilts Council to get clarification on the legal situation with regard to imposing parking restrictions and that he had shared the response with the Cllrs and he agreed to write back to those villagers who had written to him. After a long and detailed discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to monitor the situation for the time being. Action: Cllr Knowlson. 12. 56.20 Speed Indicator Devices. Cllrs Knowlson gave an outline of the history of this subject after which Cllrs RESOLVED to move this project into FY 21/22 and to move the allocated £2K to the Footpath Project. Action. Clerk 13. 57.20 Speed Watch. Cllr Knowlson gave an outline of the history of this project which Cllr Hartley was leading on this project and now that he has resigned a new lead Cllr was required which Cllr Arnold volunteered to be the lead. Action: Cllr Arnold. 14. 58.20 Big Brunch. Having considered an update from Cllrs Gomes & Arnold, Cllrs RESOLVED to cancel the Big Brunch and to transfer the £1K allocated to a new budget line i.e. COVID 19 Community Fund as a temporarily measure which is to be reviewed at the January 2021 meeting. Action: Clerk 15. 59.20 GRASS CUTTING CONTRACT. Having considered a proposal from a resident of Sunton to extend the grass cutting contract to include the banks of the River Bourne banks in Sunton Cllrs RESOLVED to include the cutting of River Bourne banks in Sunton from spring 2021. Action: Cllr Dennis & Clerk 16. 60.20. Complaints. No complaints received that have not already been addressed. 17. 61.20 Date and location of next meeting. The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 12 January 2021 at 7.00 pm The meeting closed at 21.20.pm Signed: Chairman: Date: