© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 11th September  2014
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2014 AT 7.30pm     Present:  Cllr K Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr D Dennis, Cllr L Gomes, Cllr T Warren and Cllr N Williams. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr C Howard, PCSO Downham, Mr T Greenwood (Prospective co-optee),  3 Members of the Public and 2 representatives of Fowler Associates. 1. Apologies:  Cllr R Haverson, Cllr D Paterson (Vice Chairman), Cllr J Barber-Starkey Absent:  None. 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: Receipt of thank you letters from grant recipients. 3. 34.14 Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 31 July 2014 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Gomes                Agreed nem con 35.14 Matters arising.   None that do not appear on the agenda. 4. 36.14 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  Cllrs Cockerton & Dennis declared an interest in planning applications 14/06119/FUL & 14/07935/LBC. 5. 37.14 Policing Issues.  PCSO Downham reported that from 31 July to 11 September   the following significant incidents had been recorded: Non dwelling burglary, forcing of church door lock, theft of 2x chainsaws, exhaust removed from a van, single vehicle RTC, theft of various dairy items from a farm, theft of 2 x vans and other items from Garland’s Industrial Estate which due to an alert individual have all been recovered and the culprits brought to book. The Chairman thanked the Police for their report. 6. 38.14 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.40pm.    A Member of the public asked questions regarding Wilts Councils Draft Proposals for Revised  Settlement Boundaries and its Informal Consultation with Parish & Town Councils.  The Chairman answered the questions and informed the Member of the Public that the Parish Council has taken note of representations made to it and that the Cllrs will be considering a response later in the meeting.  The Council’s reply will be published on the PC’s website in due course.  Fowler associates gave an outline of their revised proposals for the old Station Yard Site which has taken into the feedback from the exhibition and previous planning official’s comments.  The proposal is for 15 smaller dwellings four of which will be affordable homes and it was anticipated that a planning application will be submitted in the next two weeks.  Questions were then taken and replied to.  Wilts County Councillor C Howard presented the following report:  The old Clarence number has been replaced by 0300 456 0105. Reports may now be made online to www.wiltshire.gov.uk/mywilts, and an app is available to smart phone and pad users who can download an App from the online reporting website. It is now possible to track progress in real time on resolving road maintenance issues that have been reported online.  Issues that can be reported include council signs, car parks, fly-tipping, potholes, playgrounds, street lighting, roads and drains and manholes, traffic lights, dead animals on a public road, trees and many others.  Parish Councils may apply for one ton bags of road salt grit.  The next Tidworth Area Board is to be held on 22nd September at the Ludgershall Memorial Hall.  There is £24,000 of Area Board grants available and not earmarked for any existing grant applications.  The new Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging Scheme has just started to enable members of the public to receive messages of their choice about such things as alerts from Neighbourhood Watch, about flooding, Farmwatch and Horsewatch. It is open to the community now at www.wiltsmessaging.co.uk . The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report.   The meeting reconvened at 8.30pm 7. 39.14  Finance Report:   Cllr Warren Chairman of the F& P Cttee reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Williams Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: Link Scheme (Grant) £250.00 Mr P Gill (Verio Domain Name) £7.62 Mr P Gill (Postage) £12.72 Bawden Ltd (Grass Cutting& Bin Emptying) £668.80 RBS Software (Accts Package Support) £138.80 Grant Thornton Ltd (External Auditors) £120.00 Mr P Gill (Link Computers) £36.00 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses) – £672.66 HM Revenue & Customs (Tax & NI) £181.61 Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Annual Return.  Clerk Cllrs noted the conclusion of the audit for FY13/14 with the receipt of Annual Return with nil comment made by the External Auditor. Cllrs noted the posting of Audit Completion Notice on 30 July 14. FY 15/16.  Cllrs noted the requirement for the Finance & Planning Committee to prepare a draft budget for presentation to full Council at November meeting.   Action: F&P Cttee Grants.  Having considered and discussed at some length a grant request from The Collingbourne Ducis and Everleigh PCC the Cllrs agreed to make a grant of £250.00 towards the maintenance of the Church Yard (IAW with LGA 1972 Sect 214(6).  Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Williams Vote: 4 for, 2 against with 1 abstention. Action:  Clerk Bank Accounts.  The signatories on the Lloyds’s bank accounts were confirmed as K Cockerton, D Dennis, R Haverson, N Williams and T Warren.    Cllr Dennis reported he had been unable to glean signatory information from Scottish Widows in response to which the clerk agreed to contact Scottish Widows to seek clarification on the authorised signatories. Action:  Clerk 8. 40.14 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that one Planning Application had been submitted since the last meeting. 14/07568/FULHaving considered an application for the erection of stable lads’ hostel accommodation comprising of 12 bedrooms, kitchen, living room and male/female wash rooms at Herridge Racing Stables SN8 3EG Cllrs agreed to support the application but with comments on the provision of washrooms. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem com 14/07799/FUL & 14/07843/LBC.  Having considered applications for a rear extension at Sunton Cottage, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3DZ Cllrs agreed to support the application Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem com 14/06119/FUL & 14/07935/LBC Replacement front porch. Having considered an application to replace existing chain fence with picket fence at 48 High Street, Collingbourne Ducis Cllrs agreed to support the application Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr T Warren Agreed nem com   9.  41.14 Property Report:  The Chairman of the F&P Cttee presented a property report covering the following: Swing & slide.   Cllr Cockerton briefed Cllrs on a draft proposal and its associated costings produced by a specialist play area company.  He explained that they maybe ways of reducing the costs by self-help from within the village community. After discussion Cllrs agreed that a Play Area Sub-Committee consisting of Cllrs Cockerton, Barber-Starkey, Warren and Greenwood be set up to drawn a detailed proposal to include a specification to be presented to the Cllrs at the next meeting on 6 November with a view to sending out invitations to tender. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Warren Agreed nem com        Action:  Play Area Sub – Cttee Safety Inspections.  Cllr Warren tabled her report which showed no change and no issues identified.  Cllrs noted that the annual RoSPA inspection was due in mid September. Action:  Cllr Warren Grass Cutting Contract.  Cllr Cockerton, in the absence of Cllr Patterson, briefed Cllrs that in general the grass cutting g contract was going well.  However there are still some issues regarding hedge trimming. Action:  Cllr Patterson Litter Contract.  Cllr Warren had approached Nick Talbot with regard to his company emptying the PC’s bins for the period November 14 to March 15 and for general year round litter picking.  As result of the approached it came to light that there was an issue of the disposal of the litter picked.  Cllrs authorised Cllr Warren to investigate the provision and emptying of a “Euro Bin” by Wiltshire Council and a suitable storage location. Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Cockerton Action:  Cllr Warren Litter Pick.  Cllr Cockerton, in the absence of Cllr Patterson, briefed Cllrs that it was Cllr Patterson’s intention to organise a litter pick, strimming of the orchard the planting of wild flowers on Saturday 11 October for which volunteers are required from across the village. I.T.  Equipment. The Clerk briefed Cllrs on the need to replace the PC’s 5 year old and out of date IT equipment. Cllr Cockerton who has experience in this area agreed to liaise with the Clerk to find I.T. replacement equipment, associated software and peripherals at a cost not to exceed £500.00 Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Cockerton & Clerk 10. 42.14 Highway Matters: It was confirmed that Cllr Dennis is the Highway Matters representative in place of Cllr Haverson. Action:  Cllrs Dennis & Haverson Andover Business Park Signing Strategy.  Although this is now a long way downstream the impact on the A338 through the village the idea to put Priority/Give Way signs at Church Bends, or possibly traffic lights is still being considered by Wilts Council.  Cllrs agreed that Cllr Dennis should keep a watching brief on this item. Action:  Cllr Dennis A338.  Cllrs noted that the public consultation by Wilts council on a proposed pedestrian crossing on the A338 at Marlborough Road/High Street was now taking place and Cllrs encouraged villagers to respond to the consultation.  Cllrs agreed to send their comments to Cllr Cockerton and that he was to  collate their  response in a PC reply to Wilts Council. Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Dean Action:  All Cllrs and Cllr Cockerton 11. 43.14 General. Standing Orders.  Having considered making an amendment to Standing Orders in line with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 to allow reporting, film or recording of council meetings by a variety of means, or to tweet or blog Members agreed that Standing Order No 19 be amended to read.  “19. ADMISSION OF THE PUBLIC AND PRESS TO MEETINGS The public shall be admitted to and allowed to report, film or record council meetings by a variety of means, or to tweet or blog. Oral commentary whilst a meeting is in progress is not allowed and any recording or tweeting, etc must not be done in a disruptive manner.  Reporting is only allowed in parts of the meeting open to the public.  All Meetings of the Council and its committees and sub-committees, may, however, temporarily exclude the public by means of the following resolution: “That in view of the (special) (confidential) nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest that the public be temporarily excluded and they are instructed to withdraw.” (Notes: The special reasons should be stated.  If a person’s advice or assistance is needed they may be invited (by name) to remain after the exclusion resolution is passed). The Clerk shall afford to the press reasonable facilities for taking their report of any proceedings at which they are entitled to be present.” Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Action:  Clerk Speed Watch Scheme.  Cllr Dennis briefed informed Cllrs that he now had 6 volunteers and that the scheme now had its own speed gun. He is looking to call a meeting in the very near future with a view to arranging training of volunteers. World War 1 Commemorations.  Cllr Cockerton, in the absence of Cllr Patterson, informed Cllrs that on Mon 4 Aug the Memorial Church Service been held,  followed by the blessing and formal opening of the Orchard.  He also outlined the events planned for the autumn and Armistice Day.  The exhibition display boards have yet to be sourced and purchased BTCL57 Complaints.  A complaint regarding aggressive door to door sales people has been passed to the police for investigation. 12. 44.14  Co-option.  (Taken after item 36.16.)  Having considered an application from Terrance Lawson Greenwood and having confirmed that he had met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements he was co-opted as a Member of the Council.  He then signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83).  The Clerk has informed Cllr T Greenwood of the legal requirement to complete a Register Interests Form on Wiltshire Council’s Website within 28 days of 11September 2014.  One position remains and anyone  interested in filling it should contact the Clerk in the first instance. 13. Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 6 November 2014 at 7.30 pm.   The meeting closed at 22.15 pm. Signed: Chairman: