© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 19th June 2014
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY 19 JUNE 2014 AT 7.30pm     Present:  Cllr K Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr D Paterson (Vice Chairman), Cllr J Dowsett, Cllr D Dennis, Cllr Haverson, Cllr Gomes, Cllr Mrs T Warren In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), PC T Bunt and Wilts Cllr C Howard. 1. Apologies:  Cllr F Dean, Cllr J Barber-Starkey. Absent:  Cllr N Williams (2nd) 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following:  Welcomed Mr P Gill who was standing in as temporary Clerk. The resignation of Cllr J Dowsett to whom he thanked for his work as a Cllr and wished him well for the future. Action:  Clerk to inform Wilts Council 3. 12.14 Co-option.  There were no nominations.  There are now two vacancies on the Parish Council and anyone interested in being co-opted should contact the Clerk in the first instance. 4. 13.14  Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Annul Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 8 May 2014 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Patterson seconded by Cllr Gomes                Agreed nem con 14.14 Matters arising.   None that do not appear on the agenda. 5. 15.14 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared. 16.14  Policing Issues.  PC Bunt reported that from 5 May- to 18 June the following incidents had been recorded: one burglary, three thefts, two violence against the person, one criminal damage, 5 Anti Social behaviour and one road traffic collision.  He informed Members that a number of the incidents were linked to each other and involved a very small number of individuals.  A discussion of the Speed Watch Scheme followed with the Members forming the opinion that it might be best for the PC to take over the running of the scheme.  The Members welcomed the increased presence on the ground and congratulated PCSO M Downham on her recent award. The Chairman thanked PC Bunt for his report. 7. 17.14 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.44pm.    There were no members of the public present.  Cllr C Howard reported on the HGV traffic to and from Solstice Park Amesbury and the plans to monitor it.  A WWI event on Wednesday 9th July at the Tidworth Garrison Theatre when there will be a series of lectures by military historians entitled ‘World War 1-The Opening Shots’. The first of five lectures will start at 9.30 am, and they will continue throughout the day until 4.30 pm.  A second WW1 event Wednesday 30th July at 10 am when there will be a WW1 Commemoration Event at Tidworth Military Cemetery, organised by Wiltshire Council and the Army to mark and commemorate the sacrifice made by 10,000 soldiers from Wiltshire during the First World War. Each fallen soldier will be represented by a named cross to be produced by Wiltshire schoolchildren and placed on a wall of remembrance which will be the focus of this special event. Further information about disabled parking, other facilities and wet weather plans etc is available at www.heritageinwiltshire.wordpress.com  He informed Members that the Social Care 2014 which comes into force in April 2015. The rules are complex, but a very brief summary is as follows:  The threshold at which a person qualifies for Council care will increase from assets of £25,000 to assets of £118,000. This means that many more adults will qualify for social care than now. Unpaid carers will receive more support than at present, with provision for cover by Council carers to provide respite cover.  The additional cost to Wilshire Council is estimated to be in the region of £35 million which will have to be found from Council Taxpayers which is going to be a big challenge. He updated Members on the works to improve the flooding situation in the village and repairs to roads in the village and surrounding areas.  He agreed to try to have the road markings repainted on roundabout at the Tipple Inn. The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report.   The meeting reconvened at 8.05pm 8. 18.14 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that one Planning Application had been submitted since the last meeting. 14/05404/FUL.  Proposed hardwood conservatory at The Old Rectory Church StSN8 3EL.  After starting their considerations it became clear that not all Members had been able to view the application on line prior to the meeting.  The Temporary Clerk explained ways around the problems and it was agreed that Members would view the applications on line and send comments to the Chair of the Planning Committee by NLT Mon 23 Jun 14 and that the Chair of the Planning Committee was to submit comments to Wilts Council on Tue 24 Jun 14. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Haverson Agreed nem com Action:  Cllr Gomes 9. 19.14  Finance Report:   As a result of Cllr Dowsett’s resignation Cllr T Warren was nominated by Cllr Cockerton and second by Cllr Haverson as Chair of the Finance & Property Committee. Agreed nem con The Chairman of the F& P Cttee reported that the Temporary Clerk had presented the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements. Internal Audit.  Having reviewed the effectiveness of the internal audit in line with the guidance set out in the “Practitioners’ Guide” and the report from the Internal Auditor the Members considered the internal audit to be effective and accepted the Internal Auditor’s Report for FY13/14 Proposed by Cllr Haverson and seconded by Cllr Paterson. Agreed nem con Annual Statement of Accounts:  Having considered the Annual Statement of Accounts for FY 13/14 Members agreed to approve them. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con. Annual Governance Statement:  Having considered the Annual Governance Statement the members agreed to approve the statement for FY13/14. Proposed by Cllr Paterson seconded by Cllr Warren Agreed nem con Internal Auditor.  Member agreed to appoint Mr D Beaton as the Internal Auditor for FY14/15 Proposed by Cllr Paterson and seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Risk Assessment & Insurance Levels:  Members reviewed the risk assessment and insurance levels for FY14/15 and agreed that they were appropriate. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Paterson Agreed nem con The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: Community First (Annual Insurance) £1521.14 CD Village Hall (Hall hire) £250.00 Mr D Patterson (Memorial Orchard Materiel) £53.87 Gillet & Johnston (Church Clock Service) £247.20 Bawden Ltd (Grass cutting) £548.76 Balfour Beatty (Grass Cutting Jun13-Mar14) £3284.33  Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses) £415. HM Revenue & Customs (Tax) £103.60 1st Clean Services (Bus Shelters) £24.00 Landmarc (ROW rent increase) £5.00 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses) £194.30 HM Revenue & Customs (Tax) £48.60 Southern Electric (Recreation Ground) £26.39 Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Dennis Agreed nem con Fun in the Sun.  Having considered a request to wavier the Recreation Ground Hires fees the Members agreed to the waiver. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Gomes. Agreed nem con Action:  Clerk 10. 20.14  Property Report:  The Chairman of the F&P Cttee presented a property report covering the following: Agreement for Use of Recreation Ground.  The agreement between the PC and the Collingbourne Cricket Club was signed.  The Football team has yet to sign and it was agreed that the F&P Cttee were to follow this up and the football team were not to use the football pitch until the agreement was signed. Action:  F&P Cttee & Clerk Recreation Ground.  Cllr Patterson updated Members on the grass cutting contract and his discussions with the contractor.  Members then agreed that Cllr Patterson is now to lead on the monitoring of the grass cutting contract and directed him to effect the cutting of the hedges on the River Bourne footpath and the PC Burial Ground. Proposed by Cllr Haverson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Patterson Swing & slide.   Cllr Cockerton updated the Members who agreed that Cllr Barber-Starkey was to be project manager and authorised  the F&P Cttee to draw up the requirement, indentify costs,  possible funding options,  liaise with potential suppliers and  volunteers and report back to the Full Council prior to any financial or significant commitment being made.  Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Dennis. Agreed nem con Action:  F&P Cttee and Cllr Barber-Starkey Cllr Gomes distributed a detailed summary of the replies to the questionnaire on the proposed play areas and what the replies told the PC. Safety Inspections.  Cllr Warren agreed to carry out fortnightly inspections of the PC’s play areas, associated equipment and the land owned by the PC and to submit an ecopy of the record of these inspections to the Clerk. Action:  Cllr Warren Contracts.  Having considered litter picking Members noted the Bawden’s were contracted to empty bins between April and October and Members agreed that the F&P Cttee were to investigate options for the period November to March and for general year round litter picking.  In the meantime Cllr Patterson agreed to organise a litter pick in early autumn. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Warren   Agreed nem con Action:  F&P Cttee and Cllr Paterson 11. 21.14 Highway Matters: Cllr Haverson had circulated a detailed report with photos prior to the meeting mainly covering the grass cutting and road repairs much of which had been discussed or noted earlier in the meeting.  He noted that the Wilts Highways Representative had changed and Cllr Cockerton agreed to furnish the representative’s contact details.      Action:  Cllr Cockerton 12. 22.14 General. Meetings.  Having considered the programme of meetings for period Jul 14 Mar 2015 Members agreed the following: Thu 31 Jul, Thu 11 Sep, Thu 6 Nov, Thu 8 Jan and Thu 12 Mar. World War 1 Commemorations.  Cllr Paterson informed Members that the Orchard was now established, a Church Service was to be held on Mon 4 Aug followed by the formal opening of the Orchard, Rural Arts for Wiltshire were to perform the play “Our Friends the Enemy” on Thu 23 Oct in the Village Hall and that the school was keen to be involved in the village commemorations and that he would be liaising with the Headteacher.  It was proposed by Cllr Paterson seconded by Cllr Gomes that 2 display boards be purchased at cost not to exceed £50.00 ex VAT for use at the 7/8 Nov exhibition. Agreed:  nem con Action:  Cllr Patterson Replacement of Clerk.  Having accepted the letter of resignation of the Clerk Mrs DS Gilford dated 17 May Members noted the she had agreed that no monies were outstanding to her.   Members then agreed to appoint Mr P Gill as the Clerk with effect from 1 Jun 14. 13. Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 31 July 2014 at 7.30 pm.   The meeting closed at 21.405 pm. Signed: Chairman: