© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of the  Meeting held on14th September 2017
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2017 AT 7.30 pm     Present:  Cllr P Knowlson (Chairman), Cllr L Gomes and Cllr K Millard.  (Meeting quorate) In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling. 1. Apologies:   Cllr T Greenwood Cllr D Dennis Cllr, A Smith, Cllr R Haverson (Vice Chairman), PC L Wileman and PCSO M Downham. 2. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: He is unable to attend the next TACP meeting and asked Cllr Millard if he could attend to which Cllr Millard agreed in principle with the back that the Clerk would attend if Cllr Millard was unavailable.  That be the case the Chairman suggested that it might be a good idea for Cllr Millard to attend the next TAB with the Chairman. That he had submitted a "View from Collingbourne Ducis" to the Courier for inclusion in the September issue but for administrative reasons it did not appear.  He has submitted one for inclusion in the October issue. He reminded Cllrs of the need to respond to email requests from the Clerk for information or for authority to act on repairs quotes etc in order to enable the Clerk to provide an effective and efficient service to the Council and the Community. 3. 29.17 Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 6 July 2017 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Millard seconded by Cllr Knowlson                Agreed nem con 30.17 Matters arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda. 4. 31.17  Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared. 5. 32.17  CO-OPTION.  No applications received. 6. 33.17 Policing Issues.  In the absence of a police representative the Chairman summarised the monthly report submitted by the PC Wileman: Current Priorities: Drug taking, Anti Social Behaviour, and Criminal damage taking place at the recreation ground in Ludgershall; and off road motorbikes on Salisbury Plain.  This NTG Priority was agreed at the latest NTG meeting.  Due to various lower level crimes, it was felt that this would be a good Priority for a period of 3 months across the summer for Crime Prevention Work to take place.  Relevant Serials:  There have been 1 x report of Anti Social Behaviour and one report of Criminal Damage in Collingbourne Ducis. Action:  Cllr Haverson 7.  34.17  Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.20 pm Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling reported on the new senior management structure of the County Council; the September Highways update, which has a number of important items that should be brought to the attention and considered by Parish Councils, in particular the funding and maintenance responsibilities for Play Areas; Signage for working on the highway; Parish Steward Provision and schedules; weed control;  winter maintenance and waste collected by a Town or Parish Council without an agreement with Wiltshire Council; Waste Management Briefing Note 330 - a consultation on the development of a new waste management strategy for Wiltshire (4 Sep – 14 Nov); and the following refurbishment programme of Wiltshire’s household recycling centres:   In response to a question from Cllr Millard regarding an accident on Church bends involving two HGVs belonging to Home Bargains the transit of HGV through the Village Wilts in general Cllr Bail-Pilling explained that movement of HGVs moving on the A338 as a whole is being studied at a holistic and strategic level and that nothing will change until that study produces its recommendations.  He asked that the Council send him details of the accident that Cllr Millard had referred to and he would check on whether Home Bargains HGVs should be using the route through the Village. The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling for his report and for help in resolving a number of issues that had been raised to him by the Council. The meeting reconvened at 7.40 pm 8. 35.17 Finance Report: The Chairman of the Finance Cttee reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Knowlson Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1622 Idverde Ltd (Gds Maintenance & Bins 30 Jun 17) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) 1623 P Gill (Green Bin Sticker 13 Jul 17) £44.00 1624 RBS Ltd (Accts Package & Support 1 Aug 17) £139.20 (VAT £23.20) 1625 Idverde Ltd (Gds Maintenance & Bins 31 Jul 17) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) 1626 D Pawley (Church Clock service & repairs 24 Jul 17) £260.00 (VAT 50.00) 1627 Mr P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Aug 17) £364.13 1628 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE & Council's NI Aug 17) £91.00 1629 Everleigh PC (correction of misposting 10 Aug) £50.00 1630 Idverde Ltd (Gds Maintenance & Bins 30 Aug 17) £527.60 (VAT £87.93) 1631 JRC Cleaning Svcs Ltd (Bus Shelters 21 Aug 17) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1632 Mr P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps Sep 17) £364.13 1633 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE & Council's NI Sep 17) £91.00 1634 Mr P Gill (Stamps 7 Sep 17) £13.44 1636 Playsafety Ltd (Play Area Insp 12 Sep 17) £176.40 (29.40) 1637 SSE (Rec Gd Electric 11 Sep 17) £28.22 (VAT 1.34) 1638 P Gill (Printer Cartridges 13 Sep 17) £27.00 (VAT £4.50) 1630 P Knowlson (Recreation Ground Shed repairs 9 Sep 17) £19.74 (VAT £3.29) Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Millard Agreed nem con Lighting Scheme Proposal.  Having considered the effectiveness of this proposal Cllrs agreed that the proposal was not delivering the desired effect and agreed to end it with immediate effect. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con Action:  Clerk Grant Requests.  No grant requests received. 9. 36.17 Planning Report.  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following planning applications had been received from Wilts Council: 17/06808/TCA: Work to Trees in a Cons Area to reduce height of deciduous hedge to approx 10 feet with Walnut at one end and behind summer house at The Shepherds House, 103 Sunton. 17/06930/FUL: Proposed single storey rear boot room extension at Willow Wood House, Blackmore Lane, Ludgershall, SP11 9PR. 17/07500/FUL:  Demolish and replace window at Penny Ridge Church Street 17/08514/TCA:  T1 - Yew tree - fell : T2 - Yew tree - reduce limbs by 3m to clear house and overhead cables : T3 - Horse Chestnut - fell  at Highfield House, Sunton.  17/08923/TCA : Work to Trees in a Cons Area, Field Maple tree (large) - removal of deadwood, Field Maple tree (small) - reduce by 15% and 4 Field Maple trees (small) - fell' at Victoria House SN8 3DZ Having considered the applications the Cllrs agreed not to raise any objections or comments. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Millard.   Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 10. 37.17 Property Report:  The Chairman of the Property Cttee presented a property report covering the following: Communal Areas Inspection. Cllr Knowlson tabled a draft of his revised Communal Areas Internal Inspection Report which includes the Play Areas.  After discussion Cllrs accepted the draft with minor amendments to improve the effectiveness of the report. Play Area Inspections.  Cllr Knowlson reported that the Contactor was also conducting regular inspections of the play areas and the play equipment which are proving very helpful.  The Clerk reported that he previously circulated the Annual RoSPA Inspection Report for consideration by the Cllrs and drew their attention to the fact the report raised an number of issues that will need to be extracted from the report and acted on.  Cllr Knowlson agreed to do this extraction and then to circulate them to the Cllrs with recommendations in order that Cllrs can authorise any remedial work and associated costs. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Millard Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Knowlson Grass Cutting & Bin Emptying Contract Apr 17- Apr 20.  Cllr Knowlson reported that the contract was continuing to work well.  The Clerk reported that he had met with the Contractor's local Manager to discuss the trimming of the Beech Hedges in the Burials Ground which the contractor has agreed to carry out at nil cost to the Council.  11. 38.17 Highway Matters: Highways Sub Committee. Cllr Knowlson reported the contents Wilts Cllr Wayman's September Highways Newsletter impacted on the Council's in that Wilts Council was proposing that the transfer of the Saunders Meadow and Saxon Rise Play Areas to the Council.  Although they would come with a one of payment with the Council then responsible for funding the future upkeep of these play areas.  After discussion Cllrs agreed in principle that the Council would be prepared to take on these play areas but not until such times as the current outstanding repairs are completed.  To that end Cllrs authorised Cllr Knowlson to liaise with Wilts Council to develop away forward and to report back to the Council at the next meeting. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Millard Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Knowlson Cllr Knowlson reported the contents Wilts Cllr Wayman's September Highways Newsletter impacted on the Council's in that there was a lot of detail regarding, The Parish Schedules and Tasking, Weed Control, Winter Maintenance and Autumn and Winter Weather preparations which Cllrs asked Cllrs Dennis and Greenwood to review and to produce a summary with recommendations to be circulated to the other Cllrs for consideration in order that the Council is aware of the what is expected of it. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Millard Agreed nem con Action: Cllrs Dennis and Greenwood Cllr Millard asked who he should report a blocked drain on the road at Church Bends to which the Clerk responded that this drain could be cleared by the Parish Steward.  However, during discussion of this matter it became clear that although the tasking of the Parish Steward is a Highways Representative matter it is not clear which Cllr is responsible for tasking/liaising with the Parish Steward.  After discussion Cllr Knowlson agreed to get clarity on this from Cllrs Dennis and Greenwood. Action:  Cllr Knowlson In the absence of Cllr Greenwood the Clerk tabled a copy of Cllr Greenwood's previously circulated draft letter to be sent to the Highways Portfolio holder at Wiltshire Council.  After discussion Cllrs accepted the draft with minor typo amendments and authorised Cllr Greenwood to send the letter to the Highways Portfolio holder at Wiltshire Council. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Millard Agreed nem con Action:  Cllr Greenwood Footpath CD 29.  The Clerk reported that he had walked the Footpath with Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling who had raised the issue of the repair of the Footpath to the ROW Officer at Wilts Council.  The Officer has agreed to view the Footpath and then make recommendations on the on the way forward with the repair which could include Wilts Council and this Council sharing the repair costs and as a last resort the Footpath being closed. 12. 39.17  General. Emergency Plan.  In the absence of Cllr Greenwood the Clerk tabled a draft plan which Cllr aired that the Clerk should pass to Cllr Green wood for further development with a view to having a 2nd draft ready for the next meeting. Action:  Cllr Greenwood and Clerk General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).  Cllr Gomes informed Cllrs that she is working on drawing up a "GDPR Statement of Intent" for the Council and the she proposed that she be the Council's Data Protection Officer (DPO).  The Clerk informed Cllr Gomes that he had circulated an updated WALC GDPR Legal Briefing on 30 Jul 17  which clarified the requirements of the GDPR and the requirement for the DPO to have expert knowledge of Data Protection Law and Practices. Action:  Cllr Gomes Xmas Big Brunch.  Cllr Millard reported that he had conducted some preliminary work on the event in that he had booked the village Hall for Sun of Dec 17 and although he had contacted a number of possible food suppliers he had only received one qoute back which on the face of it looked very expensive compared to the supplier used last year.  The Clerk reminded Cllrs that Cllrs Smith and Millard agreed to lead on this event and that they should speak to speak to Mr K Cockerton regarding the event planning and useful contacts. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Gomes. Agreed nem con Action:  Cllrs Smith & Millard. Village Gates.  In the absence of Cllr Dennis no report was offered. Complaints.  A complaint had been received from a Villager regarding the profusion of signage appearing around the village.  The Clerk forwarded the complaint to Wilts Council via Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and as a result of this the Enforcement officer from Wilts Council visited the Village and has informed the Council and the complainant of the action that he intends to take to have the offending signage removed.  The Cllrs recorded their thanks to Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and the Enforcement Officer for their swift action on this complaint. 13. 40.17  Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 2 November 2017.     The meeting closed at 21.05 pm. Signed: Chairman: