© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 13th February 2014
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PRIMARY SCHOOL ON THURSDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, 2014 AT 7.30pm Present: Cllr K Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr D Paterson (Vice Chairman), Cllr J Dowsett, Cllr D Dennis, Cllr R Haverson, Cllr L Gomes, Cllr F Dean, Cllr T Williams In attendance: Mrs D Gilford (Clerk) 1. APOLOGIES: Cllr N Williams, Cllr J Barber-Starkey 2. CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: Parking on the Ludgershall Road, damage on the footpath along A338/Bourne – a letter is expected 3. 71.14 MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING. The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 2nd January 2014 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record and were signed by Cllr K Cockerton. Agreed nem con 4. 72.14 MATTERS ARISING. None that do not appear on the agenda 73.14 DISCLOSURE(S) OF INTEREST AND DISPENSATION REQUESTS:  No Interests declared Authorise bills and cheques for payment Clerk First Clean Services (Bus Shelter) £24.00 Cheques to the value of £568.00 for Aqua Sacs Parishioners were received and banked Grants Approved: CRUSE Swindon £25 - proposed by Cllr D Paterson and seconded by Cllr K Cockerton Community First £25 - proposed by Cllr Paterson and seconded by Cllr Gomes 5. 74.14 POLICING ISSUES. PCSO Maria Downham presented a report highlighting a number of incidents including a head-on collision. Two burglaries, both at Bourne Works – firstly on 7th February 2014 when Warrior Wynches to a value of £1,300 were stolen and secondly on 8th February 2014 when tools and a Land Rover - steam train model were stolen at a value in the region of £1,000  She reported that businesses on Bourne Works would be contacted regarding the recent crimes. 6. ADJOURNMENT FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS/QUESTIONS: 19.35 Wilts Councillor C Howard reported on a Youth Service Review in Wiltshire. Currently the Youth Service is only being used at 10% and a consultation will continue until April 2014. Following which it is possible that grants to Area Boards will be made on a needs/wants basis. 19.40 – Derek Booth reported on a visit by Clare Perry (MP) regarding the speeding on the A338. The visit was thought to be unsatisfactory and Mr Booth highlighted that he felt it appropriate to try and book another visit at a future date. 19.47 – Simon Gilford (Flood Warden) reported on recent flooding in Collingbourne Ducis. He noted the need for more regular clearing of Drains by Wilts CC. The need for a review of the drains along Everleigh Rd as this Road had been subject to substantial flooding. It was suggested that a list of vulnerable people should be drafted for the provision of sand bags in the future. He also highlighted the on-going problems with the sewers along the A338 as these have been overflowing on to the road and causing concern from both residents and motorists. 20.02 – Michael Fowler from Michael Fowler Architecture & Planning Ltd gave an update following the Public presentation on 30th January at the Village Hall which was attended by 86 people. The meeting reconvened at 20.20 7. 75.14 FINANCE REPORT Recreation Ground and Village up-keep - 10 tenders sent out, 5 returned. Legal document to be drawn up by Cllr J Dowsett. He will also prepare a synopsis of the results and circulate by email. Agreement to waive fees for DEVS and Bluebell Race:  proposed by Cllr Paterson and seconded by Cllr Gomes 8. 76.14 PROPERTY REPORT Sports Clubs: Cllr Cockerton and Cllr Dowsett reported that they had met with both Cricket and Football Clubs. 2 draft letters were discussed. Parish Clerk to circulate by email. Comments requested by Sunday afternoon and all requested to reply. The Football Club have requested key holder status for the Recreation Ground barrier. This has been granted. Cricket Club have requested permission to use covers on pitch and access to storage area. Cllr Cockerton proposed. Cllr Dennis seconded. Play Area Play Area Project Group is now up and running. Questionnaires are now being returned – report to follow. Idea for local fund raising effort. Cllr Gomes to analyse results 9. 77.14 PLANNING REPORT App 14/00304 1st Floor extension over garage & Gilberts Piece. No objection. Referred to County Council. 10. HIGHWAY MATTERS Flyer produced for the A338 Action Group Discussions about quieter road surfaces were discussed and considered to be too expensive 11. 79.14 GENERAL MATTERS Letter written to Council about Dog Fouling Copy of email sent to Cllr Gomes by Parish Clerk 100 year anniversary of outbreak of WW1. Area at bottom or Recreation Ground to be used as an orchard. Cllr Paterson reported plans to plant in March. Application made to Heritage Lottery Grant Scheme to apply for refurbishment of War Memorial by 26 March 2014. Cllr D Paterson to report Suggest Litter Picking day to raise funds on March 29th for 12 trees together with commission of plaque. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 27th March at 7.30pm The meeting closed at 21.50. Signed: Chairman