© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2020
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING AT 7.00 pm. ON THURSDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2021 Present: Cllrs P Knowlson (Chairman), D Dennis (Vice Chair), P Hartley, J Wood, L Gomes. And S Lyons In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr C Williams, 1. Apologies. Cllrs and S Batley K Bell 1. 39.21. Chairman’s Announcements. The Chairman welcomed everyone. 1. 40.21 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests. Cllr Hartley declared an interest in Planning Application PL202107994. 1. 41.21 Co-Options. Having considered applications from K Cockerton and having confirmed that he met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements Cllrs RESOLVED to Co-opt K Cockerton as a Member of the Council and was to be the Council’s Website Editor and IT Representative. Cllrs then directed the Clerk to arrange for Cllr Cockerton to sign his Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83) and to inform him that he cannot act as a Cllr until he has signed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office and of the legal requirement to complete a Register of Interests Form on Wiltshire Council’s Website within 28 days of signing the Declaration of Acceptance. Action: Cllr Cockerton & Clerk. 1. 42.21 Minutes of the last meeting. Having reviewed the minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on 13 July 2021 Cllrs RESOLVED to approve the minutes as a true and accurate record of the meeting and for the Chairman to sign them. 43.21. Matters arising. None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 44.21 Police Report and Policing Issues. As no police present no report was offered 1. 45.21 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.10pm. Wilts Cllr C Williams reported that August has been a quiet month as far as reports from Wiltshire Council are concerned but one important announcement is with regard to the Climate Change engagement events the first being the opening event on Thursday 9th September at 6pm. The Tidworth Community Area Health and Wellbeing meeting will take place online on Thursday 30th September. The next Tidworth Area Board (TAB) meeting is a virtual meeting on Monday 13th Sep; the agenda is out with instructions to access the online meeting. There is still funding for TAB grants so if you know of any community groups that need help with capital funding then please contact Richard Rogers or Wilts Cllr Williams. Wilts Cllr Williams then answered questions on Enforcement Action at Bales Yard and Sunton Farm which Wilts Cllr Williams agreed to research and report back. Action: Wilts Cllr Williams The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Williams for his report. The meeting reconvened at 7.25pm 1. 46.21 Finance Report. The Clerk presented the Income and Expenditure report for August along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements. Cllrs Members noted the report and reconciliations. The following Bills and cheques were presented and authorised for payment: Having considered the bills and cheques presented above Cllrs RESOLVED to and authorise them for payment. 1903 Idverde Ltd (Idverde Ltd (Gds Maint & Bins + Tree Removal 27 Jul 21) £828.48 (VAT £138.08) 1904 Rialtas Business Solutions (Acct Sp 1 Aug 21) £148.80 (VAT £24.80) 1905 P Gill P Gill (Clerk’s Sal & Exps 18 Aug 21) £408.97 1906 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE 18 Aug 21) £93.00 1907 JRC Cleaning Svcs Ltd (Bus Shelters 20 Aug 21) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1908 PKF Littlejohn (Audit Fees 25 Aug 21) £240.00 (VAT £40.00) 1909 Idverde Ltd (Gds Maint & Bins, Weed Treatment & Branch Removal Aug 21) £1423.02 (VAT £237.17) 1910 P Gill (Zoom 5 Jun & 5 Aug 21) 28.78 (VAT £4.80) 1911 P Gill P Gill (Clerk’s Sal & Exps 7 Sep 21) £408.77 1912 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE 7 Sep 21) £93.20 Action: Clerk Completion of the Audit for FY 20/21. The Clerk reported that the External Auditors had completed the audit for FY 20/21 with one minor comment regarding the accounting of the mistaken payment made to the Council’s account in Sep 20 and the subsequent repayment in Jan 21. However, the AGAR had to be amended, initialled by the Clerk and the Chairman, and then resubmitted at no cost. The relevant legal notices and supporting statements have been posted on the Notice Board and the Website. Projects. To receive and consider updates on progress and quotes on the following projects. Bus Shelter. Cllr Batley reported by email that the Calor funding request for the Bus shelter. was unsuccessful. With this in mind he had contacted Cllr Dennis with the intention of exploring cheaper solutions. As yet they have been unable to meet up as it has been a hectic last month at work and he has not been free to do so. He will contact Cllr Dennis again in the near future to move this project forward. Cllrs noted the report and directed Cllr Batley to engage directly with Wilts Cllr Williams regarding the mechanism for applying for a grant from TAB. Cllr Dennis having reported that he had contacted a company that could supply suitable wooden framed Bus Shelters Cllrs directed Cllr Dennis to source a quote and relevant pictures/ diagrams. Action: Cllrs Batley & Dennis Bank Signatory. Having considered making Cllr Cockerton a signatory on the bank account Cllrs RESOLVED to make Cllr K Cockerton a signatory on the bank account. Action: Clerk Grant Requests. Freedom Party. Cllrs had previously considered a request to provide both financial and practical assist to a group of Villagers who are planning to hold a “Freedom Party” and had RESOLVED in principle to support an element of the event e.g. the hire of a Burger Van and directed the Chairman to discuss the Council’s possible support of an element of the event with the event organiser. The Chairman had contacted the organiser but had not as yet received a reply. Having reconsidered this request Cllrs RESOLVED to not take any further action at this time. St Andrew’s Church. Having considered a grant request from St Andrews Church PPC for repairs to the Church Clock Cllrs RESOLVED in principle to make a grant of £1K subject to knowing the time frame for the completion of the work; if the Church was required to pay VAT on the work, how much had been raised by the recent Church Fete, if any of the Church’s reserves were to be used to meet the costs. Action: Clerk and St Andrews PCC 47.21 Planning Report: Cllr Hartley declared an interest in application PL202107994. PL/2021/06865. Notification of proposed works to trees in a conservation area at Old Lime Farm, High Street SN8 3EQ. Hawthorn - Fell. Identified on the plan as Tree 1. To fell the tree in order to rebuild the retaining wall adjacent to the garage. The wall is in a terrible state of disrepair and represents a danger to the residents (particularly our three year old child). We cannot rebuild the wall with the tree present as it\'s roots and trunk have pushed into the wall and caused the underlaying instability. PL/2021/07272. Notification of proposed works to trees in a conservation area. Sycamore - crown to reduce excessive height and low amenity value at St Andrews Church, (PC Burial Gd) Church Street, SN8 3EL. PL/2021/07405. Notification of proposed works to trees in a conservation area Plum tree – fell at 89 Sunton, SN8 3DZ PL/2021/07400. Notification of proposed works to trees in a conservation area London Plane tree - reduce 40% Conifer hedge - reduce 40% at Victoria House, Sunton, SN8 3DZ. PL/2021/06238. Application for Prior Approval under Class R for a Change of Use from Agriculture to Flexible use at Commercial at Westhill Farm, Chicks Lane SN8 3FQ. PL/2021/07623. Proposed loft and garage conversion at Sherwood House, Cadley Road, SN8 3EB. PL/2021/08115. Demolition of existing extension, formation of rear extension, internal alterations, and erection of a replacement garage at 120 Cadley Road, SN8 3EA Having previously considered the above planning applications Cllrs RESOLVED to not raise any objections or comments. Action: Cllr Gomes PL/2021/07994. Listed building consent (Alt/Ext) Erection of single storey extension. Removal of 1 no. chimney. Internal alterations at Sunton House Sunton Collingbourne Ducis SN8 3DY. Listed building consent (Alt/Ext). Cllrs having noted that Cllr Harley declared an interest in this application. Cllrs then considered the application and RESOLVED to not raise any objections or comments. Action: Cllr Gomes 1. 48.21 Property Report. Communal Play Areas. Cllr Knowlson reported no major issues with any of the play areas and that the annual ROSPA Report is due this month and that once the report is received that given the age of the play equipment on the Knapp the consideration might be given to replacing the play equipment in the future. Cllrs noted the report. Cllr Hartley reported that there was minor damage to the “Air Skier” which he would repair and asked Cllr to authorize the purchase of spare parts at a cost not to exceed £60.00+ VAT. Cllr then RESOLVED to authorise the purchase of spare parts at a cost not to exceed £60.00+ VAT. Action: Cllr Hartley Cllr Hartley volunteered to get a quote to repair the roof of the “pirate Ship” and to carry out the repairs. Action: Cllr Hartley War Memorial. Cllr Dennis reported that he had chased up the quote for repairs he was waiting for but had not received a reply from the company that supplied the quote. Cllrs then discussed a quote that Cllr Knowlson had received in March 2020 from sam@ramsburystonemasons.co.uk but had not been pursued due to onset of COVID 19. The quote was for complete clean and £1.75 for each letter (circa 350) re-painted at a cost of circa £890.00 + VAT. After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Knowlson was to contact sam@ramsburystonemasons.co.uk and if the quote remained the same Cllr Knowlson was to place the order. Action: Cllr Knowlson. (Afternote: sam@ramsburystonemasons.co.uk has confirmed that the quote remains the same.) Bales Farm. This item had been addressed earlier in the meeting at item 45.21. Defibrillator. Having considered a location for a new Defibrillator Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Wood was to identify a suitable location before a new Defibrillator was purchased. Action Cllr Wood Milestone on the A346. Having considered a report from Cllr Hartley on the need to cutting back the vegetation and the tidying up of the area Cllrs RESOLVED the Clerk was to get a quote from Idverde to cut back the vegetation and to reduce the overhanging bush after which Cllr Knowlson was to task the Parish Steward to clean the milestone. Action: Cllr Knowlson & Clerk 11 49.21 Fatal Accident on A338. Cllr Knowlson had earlier email Cllrs a list of actions that the Council had taken over the last 10 years to and reduce speeding through the village or to get HGVs moved to routes that did not pass through the village some of which have been successful, and some have not. The unsuccessful actions have been as a result of legal, financial, and practical restraints and one were in a Public Meeting the village voted against a proposal to have traffic light positioned on Church Bends. Moreover, he outlined the current actions that were actively being pursued via the local Area Community Area Transport Group (CATG) & TAB e.g. damage to kerbs at the Church Bends, speeding in general and noise pollution being created by HGVs travelling through the village. Following a long discussion of what had been done and what might be done Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Knowlson’s “List of Actions” was to be published on the Council’s website (Details will be available on the village website in due course); that Cllr Knowlson was to raise the following issues to CATG: a. Request that 30MPH repeater signs to position at regular intervals throughout the 30MPH speed limit in the village. b. That the roundabout and the road layout on the bridge outside the village be reengineered. c. That some of the plethora of highway signs on the A338 be removed. and that Cllr Hartley was to write an open letter to the villagers, vis The Courier, asking them to put forward ideas to make the roads through the village safer and to do this via an online survey which Cllr Hartley volunteered to organise. Action Cllr Knowlson and Hartley. 11 50.21 Speed Watch. Cllr Hartley reported that the team was up and running and that the team would be sharing a speed gun with Collingbourne Kinston (CK) on a 2-week rotation. This week is CK rotation, and the team members will be shadowing the CK team prior to starting its rotation. As a result of the fatal accident on the A338 a further gun location has be identified in the area of the Church Bends looking up towards The Knapp. Action: Cllr Hartley 13. 51.20. Xmas Big Brunch. Cllr Bell reported, by email, that the Village Hall had been booked for the Xmas Big Brunch, but that she has yet to identify and book the ancillary activities. Cllr Dennis confirmed that he had booked the Burger Van. Action: Cllr Bell 14. 52.21 Overgrown Vegetation and Hedges Along the A338. Having considered the overgrown vegetation & hedges along the A338 in response to an email from a villager Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Hartley was to write to all the relevant hedge owners asking them to ensure that they cut their hedges back to allow free passage along the Footpaths and Pathways and to allow clear lines of sight of along the A338 and clear visibility of speed and warning signs. Action: Cllr Hartley 15. 53.21 Complaints. None that have not been addressed. 16. 54.21 The next meeting was confirmed as starting at 7.00 pm. on Wednesday 3 November 2021. The meeting closed at 21.30.pm Signed: Chairman: Date: