COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALLON THURSDAY 5 SEPTEMBER 2019 AT 7.00pm Present: Cllr P Hartley (Vice Chairman in the Chair), Cllr Greenwood and Cllr Cockerton. (Meeting quorate) Cllr Knowlson (Chairman) and Cllr Gomes joined the meeting latter. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk) Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and one member of the public. 1. Apologies: Cllr Dennis. Absent: None 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: The fitness equipment is operational and is being used. 1. 30.19 Minutes of the last meeting. The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 4 July 2019 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record. Proposed by Cllr Hartley seconded by Cllr Cockerton. Agreed nem con 31.19. Matters arising. None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 32.19 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests: Although not in attendance at this point Cllr Knowlson had previously declared a pecuniary interest in planning application 19/05591/FUL. 1. 33.19 Co-Options. None received; however, Mr S Casey-Batley had attended the meeting as a possible co-optee. 1. 34.19 Policing Issues. Having considered the email report sent by PCSO J Akehurst Cllrs noted that there was only one relevant reported crime in the village: 30.08.2019 - COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS - Two unknown male suspects have been seen and heard on CCTV attempting to gain access to the IP's side gate that leads into his garden. No access has been gained as the gate was locked. Cllr Cockerton reported that he had attended a meeting at which the indicators for modern slavery were highlighted and that he had expressed the Council's dissatisfaction with the police's response to the incident in the village hall. Cllr Harley reported that he had been frustrated by the lack of response from the police Speedwatch Co-ordinator and had to resort to writing a formal letter of complaint to get a response. However, things have now moved forward and he is now leaning on the Kingston Speedwatch Team and PC Pedliham for assistance with setting up a team in the Village. Moreover, he has received expressions of interest from a number of villagers and will report to the next meeting. 1. 35.19 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.25pm Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling reported that in general it had been very quiet over the summer. The Weight Restriction signs in resulting from the opening of the link road are to be in place by end of October. In relation to the Bales Yard enforcement, he asked that the Council reply to the request from the Wilts County Enforcement Officer. The Clerk responded by saying the Chairman had the reply in hand. Action: Chairman (Cllr Knowlson joined the meeting and took the chair) A member of the public asked about the grit bins at the Knapp and in reply was informed that the Chair would raise the issue to Wilts Council. Action: Cllr Knowlson There followed a question and answer session regarding the ownership, maintenance and future use of the Knapp Play Park which ended with Cllr Hartley agreeing to start a conversation with Aster Housing Ltd regarding these matters and the re-profiling of the Play Park and surrounding areas. Action: Cllr Hartley The issue of a pothole at the entrance to the Knapp was raised in reply to which Cllr Cockerton agreed to task the Parish Steward with conducting the repair. Action: Cllr Cockerton The meeting reconvened at 19.45.pm 1. 36.19 Finance Report: The Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements, which the Cllrs accepted. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW Standing Orders: 1771 Community First (Insurance 6 Jun 19) £1,078.86 1772 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps 8 Jul 19) £392.18 1773 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 8 Jul 19) £98.00 1774 RBS (Accounts Package & Support 1 Aug 19) £145.20 (VAT £24.20) 1775 Idverde ltd (Gds Maintenance & Bins 31 Jul 19) £538.15 (VAT £89.69) 1776 Idverde Ltd (Tree works 25 Jul 19) 287.86 (£47.98) 1777 P Gill (In Motion - Domain Registration 4 Jul 19) £12.72. 1778 H Hughes Fresh Air Fitness (Outdoor Fitness Eqpt 31 Jul 19) £3.900.00 (VAT £650.00) 1779 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps 16 Aug 19) £392.18 1780 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 16 Aug 19) £98.00 1781 PKF Littlejohn (external audit Fee 20 Aug 19) £240.00 (VAT £40.00) 1872 JRC Cleaning Svcs (Bus Shelters 2-0 Aug 19) £28.00 (VAT £4.67) 1783 Idverde ltd ((Gds Maintenance & Bins 30 Aug 19) £538.15 (VAT £89.69) Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Audit Completion. Cllrs noted the completion of the External Audit with no adverse comments being made by the External auditor. Speed Indicator Devices (SID). Cllr Knowlson reported that he had the details of a SID that might suit the Council's requirements which Cllr Cockerton agreed to research further and to report to the Council at the next meeting. Action: Cllr Cockerton Cllr Knowlson agreed to investigate with Wilts Council the non-flashing School Warning signs on the A338. Action: Cllr Knowlson Emergency Planning. Cllr Greenwood explained the background to this request from The Village Hall Trust for the Council to purchase 40 blow up beds to be stored in the Village Hall for emergency use. After discussion the Cllr agreed that they would welcome a formal written request that they would then consider. Cllr Greenwood agreed to inform those agencies involved in making the request of the Council's view. Action: Cllr Greenwood (Cllr Gomes joined the meeting) Projects. Cllr Hartley reported that based on the survey and earlier decisions made by the Council then as he saw it the current project funding priorities were as follows: Remainder of this Financial Year 19-20 - Virtual Footpath - circa £875 and extra Village Gates - circa £1K, Financial year 20-21. SID installation - circa £2K and Pirate Ship Roof repairs - circa £200.Financial Year 21-22 (Bus Shelter) - circa £4KFinancial Year 22-23 (Book Exchange) circa - £7.5K There then followed a detailed discussion about the costs and benefits of these and other projects one of which was the possible resurfacing of the CD FP 29 which runs along the edge of the River Bourne. Cllrs then approved in principle the funding for the Virtual Footpath and the extra Village Gates and asked Cllr Hartley to do some more work on the costs and benefits of the projects for FY 20-23 including the possible resurfacing of CD FP 29 in order to help steer budget planning and Precept setting. Cllrs noted the Clerk's comment that Parish Council Elections are due in 2021 and that current Cllrs need to be careful not to financially handcuff the next Council. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Hartley Grass and Bins Contract 2020-2023. The Cllrs noted that the Clerk had issued the tender letters to four companies and that replies were requested by no later than 5.00 p.m. on Monday 7 October 2019. All of the companies have confirmed receipt of the letters and one of them was coming to meet with Cllr Dennis and Cockerton on Mon 16 Sep. Financial Regulations. Having considered a previously circulated draft of the Financial Regulation Cllrs agreed to adopt the regulations as drafted. Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Clerk Internet Banking. Having considered using internet banking in the light of the latest version of the Council's Financial Regulations Cllrs directed the Clerk to make the arrangements to enable the Council to use internet banking. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Clerk Grants requests. None. 1. 37.19 Planning Report: The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting: 19/05591/FUL Raising the garage roof to incorporate a dressing room above, widening of garage and infill of rear, and replacement of existing conservatory with single storey rear extension at 3 Gilberts Piece, SN8 3HH. Having earlier declared a pecuniary interest in this application Cllr Knowlson had not taken part in an earlier consideration of this application to which the Cllrs raised no objections and which has already been approved. Proposed by Cllr Hartley seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 19/06193/FUL Change of use and conversion of agricultural barn to form 1 no. dwelling. Change of use of agricultural store to ancillary residential storage at Sunton Farm, The Cottage SN8 3DY. 19/06459/TCA 30% Crown Reduction to 16 Yew Trees at The Old Rectory, Church Street SN8 3EL. 19/08091/TCA. Ash Tree - crown reduction of approx 35 - 40% at The Shepherds House, 103 Sunton SN8 3DZ. 19/08348/TCA. Yew - Crown raise by 4 - 5 metres at 97 SN8 3DZ. Having previously considered the applications above Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Gomes seconded by Cllr Greenwood Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes Land adjacent Station House. Having considered the naming of a street on the land adjacent to Station House Cllrs agreed to name the street "Station Approach". Proposed by Hartley seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Clerk 1. 38.19 Property Report: Play Area Safety inspections. Cllr Knowlson reported that no monthly inspection report had been received from the contractor (now received). However, he was not aware of any unidentified issues and had contacted Mike Giles at the "Men's Shed" regarding the repairs to the damaged benches. As he has not heard back from Mike Giles Cllrs agreed that Idverde ltd could carry out that work. Moreover, the annual RoSPA inspection is due this month. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Hartley. Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Knowlson Repairs and Clean up. Cllr Knowlson reported that he is planning for a litter pick and general clean up in the autumn details of which he is to publish in the Courier. Action: Cllr Knowlson Village Gates. Cllr Knowlson reported he is still in discussion with Wilts Council regarding cost and location of the extra gates for the entrance to the village from Collingbourne Kingston. The issue is one of finding a location that is wide enough and does not obstruct the view from driveways. Action: Cllrs Knowlson Work to install safety Surface at the Knapp Play Area. See Cllr Hartley's Projects report at item 36.19 above into which this item has been subsumed. Item closed. War Memorial. In the absence of Cllr Dennis, no report was offered. Action: Cllr Dennis Hedges overhanging FP CD 29. Having considered a request from a villager for the hedges and trees overhanging FP CD 29 to be cut back Cllr Knowlson agreed to speak to the relevant property owners in the first instance and then to pass the matter to Wilts Council for enforcement action if required. He also agreed to speak to the relevant property owners of other areas in the village as identified by Cllrs. Action: Cllr Knowlson 39.19 Highway Matters: Paths & ROW. Cllr Knowlson reported that "The Paths for All" focus is on promoting the use of RoW, e.g. through walking groups such as the Avon Valley RoW Group. An additional objective is to maintain and clear RoW where necessary and within capability. To that end Cllr Greenwood has reported to Wilts Council that FP CDUC 2 & CDU 31 are impassable at certain points due to gates or fencing. Action: Cllrs Knowlson & Dennis Parish Steward Scheme. Cllr Cockerton reported that the scheme was still working well however all the Stewards were deployed on centralised task in August and the PC Steward is going on holiday shortly. However, Cllr Cockerton will task him to repair a pothole at the entrance to the Knapp and strim the footpath leading up to Gilberts Piece before he goes on holiday. Action: Cllr Cockerton Cadley Road Traffic Calming. Cllr Knowlson reported that CATG has given the go ahead to the "Virtual Footpath" with work due to commence in the near future. 1. 40.19 GENERAL MATTERS. Xmas Big Brunch. Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton reported that the preliminary has been done but it is too early to take any further action. Action: Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton Complaints. None received. 1. 41.19 Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Monday 4 November 2019 following the Annual Parish Meeting that starts at 7.00pm. The meeting closed at 21.00 pm. Signed: Chairman: