COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALLON MONDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2019 AT 7.00pm Present: Cllr Knowlson (Chairman) Cllr P Hartley (Vice Chairman in the Chair), Cllr Greenwood and Cllr Cockerton, Cllr Dennis and Cllr Gomes who joined the meeting at 1945. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk), Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and 3 members of the public. 1. Apologies: Absent: None 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: Nil 1. 42.19 Minutes of the last meeting. The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 5 September 2019 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record. Proposed by Cllr Hartley seconded by Cllr Cockerton. Agreed nem con 43.19. Matters arising. None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 44.19 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests. None declared. 1. 45.19 Co-Options. None received. 1. 46.19 Policing Issues. Having considered the email report sent by PCSO J Akehurst Cllrs noted that there were 2 relevant reported crimes in the village: BURGLARY 30.08.2019 – COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS – Two unknown males have been heard on CCTV attempted to gain access to a side gate of a property. This side gate leads to a shed where tools are kept. No access was gained. 26.09.2019 – COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS – Unknown suspects have entered a property and stolen money. 1. 47.19 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.10pm 2. Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling reported that the Boundary Review was now before Parliament and as a result Collingbourne is planned to be part of the Ludgershall North voting ward. He then summarised a number of major strategic decisions that had been taken by Wilts Council, none of which will have an immediate or significant impact on Collingbourne Ducis. However, it is worth noting that the Outdoor Education Centres are to remain open and that a review of Community Funding has found that the Tidworth Area Community requires investment. Moreover, 1,000 new houses are to be built by the Wilts Council over the next 10 years and that the first 228 have been approved. Finally, Wilts Council intends to reduce its carbon footprint by 25% over the next 3 years. He further reported that The Paths For All scheme continues and that there are still funds available for projects. He also reported that the enforcement action on the scrap yard is very close to implementation, however not before another site visit had been conducted. A member of the public raised some concerns regarding the site and Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling asked that the issues be raised to him in an email. Cllr Greenwood raised an issue regarding the location of gullies in the village which Cllr Blair-Pilling agreed to take forward. The extending of the 30MPH limit on Cadley Road was raised and Cllrs Knowlson and Dennis agree to take this up with CATG. Action: Cllr Knowlson & Dennis and Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling. The meeting reconvened at 19.30.pm 1. 48.19 Finance Report: The Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements, which the Cllrs accepted. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW Standing Orders: 1784 SSE (Recreation Gd Eclectic 6 Sep 19) £44.49 (VAT £2.11) 1786 Cherrywood AV ltd (Electric Screen 12 Jul 19) £1732.80 (VAT £288.80) 1787 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps 20 Sep 19) £392.18 1788 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 20 Sep 19) £98.00 1789 Playsafety ltd (RoSPA Inspection 25 Sep 19) £193.80 (VAT £32.30) 1790 Idverde ltd ((Gds Maintenance & Bins 30 Sep 19) £538.15 (VAT £89.69) 1791 P Gill (Clerk's Sal & Exps 7 Oct 19) £401.58 1792 HMRC (Clerk's PAYE 7 Oct 19) £88.60 1793 Community 1st (Extra insurance for new play equip 1 Oct 19) £33.96 1794 The Courier (Flyer printing 24 Oct 19) £14.00 Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Speed Indicator Devices (SID). Cllr Cockerton reported he had contacted the auto speed watch company and it was his opinion that it could be of value, the Cheverall Magna installation is to new for them to evaluate its success and as CSW coordinator Cllr Hartley will need to see what Wiltshire Police think. Cllr Hartley agreed to take this forward. Action: Cllr Hartley Emergency Planning. Having considered purchasing 10 blow up beds and associated bedding to be stored in the Village Hall for emergency use and after a vote (3 for, 3 against with Chair's casting vote against) Cllrs agreed not to make the purchase at this time. However, it was agreed that the development of an Emergency Plan was to be on the next agenda.. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Clerk Projects. Cllr Hartley reported that with regards to upcoming projects, options for the Parish Council are the pre-emptive repairs to the Pirate Ship Roof (estimated at £200) and the two remaining items identified on the Projects Consultation, namely the Telephone Box book exchange (estimated at £4000) and a new Bus shelter at the bottom of Knapp Hill (estimated at £7500). Whilst these all represent viable options for 2020/2021, understanding the costs of the potential repair of the footpath along the A338 need to be understood, before committing to the 2020/2021 budget. The intention is, therefore, for Cllr Dennis to confirm potential costs for the footpath and for the councillors then to consider these costs alongside the projects highlighted for inclusion into the 2020/2021 budget at the next PC meeting. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Hartley Grass and Bins Contract 2020-2023. Cllr Dennis reported that he, Cllr Cockerton and Cllr Gomes had scrutinised the three tender offers received and gave Cllrs a summary of the offers and the pros and cons of each offer. Cllrs Denis, Cockerton and Gomes informed Cllrs that based on the results of their scrutiny they were recommending that the contract be awarded to Idverde Ltd based on cost and historical quality of service. Having considered the recommendation in some detail Cllrs agreed to award the Grass and Bins Contract for 1 Apr 20 - 31 Mar 23 to Idverde ltd. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con Action: Clerk Internet Banking. The Clerk reported that all Cllrs were now registered for internet banking. However, Cllrs Denis and Greenwood were waiting for access documentation to be issued by Lloyds bank that they will now have to hasten the issue with the bank. In the meantime, the Clerk is planning to run a payment test in order to ensure that the system is up and running. Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Action: Clerk FY 20-21. The Clerk reminded Cllrs of the requirement to set the Budget and Precept demand for FY 20-21 at the Jan 20 Council meeting and to note the need for maximum attendance. Grants requests. None. 1. 49.19 Planning Report: The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following Planning Applications had been submitted since the last meeting: 19/08419/OUT. Outline Planning for the development of 5 dwellings to provide accommodation for stable lads and their families together with access, parking, landscaping and associated works. All matters to be reserved save for means of access and layout, which are matters for consideration at Land north of Cadley Road SN8 3EG. Having considered this application Cllrs agreed to raise comments regarding the location of the development. Proposed by Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Gomes. Agreed nem con Action: Gomes 19/08496/FUL. To replace existing conservatory with single storey rear orangery at Semarak, Ludgershall Road SN8 3EJ. 19/01105/FUL. Demolition of existing bungalow and replacement with a single dwelling at 9 - 12 Church Street SN8 3EL 19/08425/FUL. Cconstruction of a parade ring and vets room and 4No. units of lads accommodation (comprising 2 x 2 bed units) together with the provision of an access track, an area of hard standing, landscaping and associated works. at Herridge Racing Stables SN8 3EG. 19/08940/TCA - Fell 2 Ash trees at Bridge House Cadley Road SN8 3EB. 19/08424/VAR Variation of condition 2 for application 18/10743/FUL - Two new timber stables at Herridge SN8 3EG. 19/09138/TCA. Fell 2 Cheery trees at 88 Sunton SN8 3DZ 19/09188/TCA -Fell 1 Cherry Tree at Saddlestone Cottage, Sunton SN8 3DZ. 19/09429/FUL - Construction of a parade ring and vets room and 4No. units of lads accommodation (comprising 2 x 2 bed units) together with the provision of an access track, an area of hard standing, landscaping and associated works at Herridge Racing Stables SN8 3EG. Having previously considered the applications above Cllrs agreed to raise no objections. Proposed by Gomes seconded by Cllr Hartley Agreed nem con Action: Cllr Gomes 1. 50.19 Property Report: Play Area Safety inspections. Cllr Knowlson reported that no monthly inspection reports were up to date and that the Annual RoSPA inspection report had been received and informed Cllrs that the report contained no matters of real concern and that the matters raised could be dealt with in time. Cllr Hartley agreed to look at this matters raised in relation to the Pirate Ship with a view to fixing them when he does some other planned work on the ship. Proposed by Cllr Knowlson seconded by Cllr Hartley. Agreed nem con Action: Cllrs Knowlson & Hartley Repairs and Clean up. Cllr Knowlson reported that the cleanup had not taken place due to the adverse weather conditions on the day and that he would reschedule for later in the year. Action: Cllr Knowlson Village Gates. Cllr Knowlson reported that he is still in discussion with Wilts Council regarding cost and location of the extra gates for the entrance to the village from Collingbourne Kingston. He emailed Wilts Council again on 4 Nov with a view to moving this matter along. The issue continues to be one of finding a location that is wide enough and does not obstruct the view from driveways. Action: Cllrs Knowlson Knapp Play Area. Cllr Hartley reported this his initial discussions with Aster Housing Association have been positive and it is clear from discussions with residents that the play area needs to be developed to meet current demographic needs. Action: Cllr Hartley War Memorial. Cllr Dennis reported that the contractor that he has been engaging with is awaiting authority to work on grade 2 Listed Buildings however he estimated that the cost would be in the region of £1260 and asked that £1260 been transferred from the Fitness Project Equipment budget line (4232) to the War Memorial Maintenance budget line (4235). It was further agreed that Cllr Greenwood could spend up to £30.00 + VAT on bedding plants to be planted around the memorial. Proposed by Cllr Dennis seconded by Cllr Hartley. Action: Cllrs Dennis, Greenwood & Clerk Hedges overhanging FP CD 29. Cllr Knowlson reported that he had spoken to the relevant property owners and that he had mentioned that matter in the Courier that the overhanging hedges had been cut as had others in the village. Grass & Bins Schedule. Having considered a report from Cllrs Dennis and Cockerton the accuracy of the grass & Bins schedule Cllrs agreed that Cllrs Dennis & Cockerton were to conduct a review of the current schedule and recommend amendments to the Clerk. Action: Cllrs Dennis & Cockerton Salt Bin at the Knapp. Cllr Knowlson informed Cllrs that Wilts Council had agreed to replace the missing Salt Bin on the Knapp and after discussion, Cllrs agreed that the new bin should be located on the footpath next to the steps where the railing comes down and that Cllr Knowlson was to inform Wilts Council. Action: Cllr Knowlson 51.19 Highway Matters: Paths & ROW. Cllr Knowlson reported that "The Paths for All" focus is on promoting the use of RoW and drew attention Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling's comments at item 47.19. Cllr Knowlson reported that he had been asked about the lighting on the footpath from Gilberts Piece up to the Recreation Ground and after discussion, Cllrs agreed that Cllr Cockerton was to speak to Mr Mike Cox with a view to finding out the history behind this footpath and its lighting. Cllr Harley agreed to speak to the school on the same subject. Action: Cllrs Cockerton & Hartley Parish Steward Scheme. Cllr Cockerton reported that the Steward has not visited for 3 months, however this was due to reasons outside the control of the Steward and he therefore has a list of outstanding jobs for the Steward to complete. Action: Cllr Cockerton Cadley Road Traffic Calming. Cllr Knowlson reported that CATG has given the go ahead to the "Virtual Footpath" with work due to commence later this month and Cllr Dennis reported that the cost to the Council is likely to be lower than first thought. Speedwatch. Cllr Hartley reported that the progress had been painfully slow but that he was now confident that there is a clear route to him having a Speedwatch Scheme in place by the time of the next meeting. Action: Cllr Hartley 1. 52.19 GENERAL MATTERS. Xmas Big Brunch. Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton reported that the preliminary has been done and that an advertisement would appear in the next Courier. He asked Cllrs for their views on having other entertainment instead of a Magician and after discussion; Cllrs agreed that Cllr Cockerton was to look at other entertainment. Action: Cllrs Gomes & Cockerton Complaints. None received. 1. 53.19 Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 2 January 2020 following the Annual Parish Meeting that starts at 7.00pm. The meeting closed at 20.50 pm. Signed: Chairman: