© Collingbourne Ducis Parish Council 2017
Minutes of Meeting 10th March 2016
COLLINGBOURNE DUCIS PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN COLLINGBOURNE PRIMARY SCHOOLON THURSDAY 10 MARCH 2016 AT 7.30 pm     Present:  Cllr K Cockerton (Chairman), Cllr T Greenwood, Cllr L Gomes and Cllr T Warren. In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Clerk) and 9 members of the public. 1. Apologies:   Cllr Roper (Vice Chairman), Cllr N Williams,  Cllr D Dennis,  Cllr A Fordham, Cllr M Fordham and Wilts Cllr C Howard, 1. Chairman’s announcements: The Chairman drew attention to or spoke on the following: 1.1 The positive comments received on the new play area and associated equipment. 1.2 Points for him to take forward to the next TAB meeting. 1. 64.15 Minutes of the last meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 7 January 2016 having been previously circulated were agreed as a true record.  Proposed by Cllr Warren seconded by Cllr Greenwood                Agreed nem con 65.15 Matters arising.   None that do not appear on the agenda. 1. 66.15 Declarations of Interest and dispensation requests:  None declared.   1. 67.15 Policing Issues.  In the absence of a police representative no report was offered. The Chairman agreed to raise this absence at the next TAB Meeting. 1. 68.15 Adjournment for public comments/questions: 7.35 pm A member of the public spoke on the subject of NF Evans HGV passing through the village and the lights on the Puffin Crossing which the Chairman agreed to raise this at the next TAB meeting.  Another member of the public asked questions regarding planning applications 16/01535/FUL & 16/01668/LBC to which the Chairman and Cllrs responded.  Other members of the public spoke in support of the Collingbourne C of E Primary School request for a grant in support of the school's Wildlife Garden Project which was to be considered later in the meeting.  Another Member of the public spoke on the lighting leading Gilberts Piece up to the School to which the Chairman replied.  The same member of the public spoke on the letter from Collingbourne Cricket Club regarding broadleaf weed infestation on the Recreation Ground which was to be discussed later in the meeting and informed Cllrs that the Village Hall Committee intended to place 2 bench seats on its land.  Wilts County Councillor C Howard presented the following report by email:  I am pleased to announce that, after intensive lobbying, the A338 at the Collingbournes is to be repaired and resurfaced during the next year. Exact details of what and when is to be done are not yet available, but at last it seems that the end is probably in sight for the annual ritual of patching works which remains in place for a few months and then has to be done again.  This job is designated as major works, and will be the only major highways project planned to be carried out in the Tidworth area during 2016/17.  I sincerely hope that when the new road surface is laid it will reduce the noise caused by vehicles travelling over the many faults in the road that we have at the moment.  Council tax demands should have been issued by now, and as you will see there has been a total increase of about 4.5%. The amount varies slightly from parish to parish because some parish council precepts have changed more than others.  This is the first increase in no less than six years, and after taking account of the rise in the Retail Price Index of 15.76% over the same period, we are now paying Council Tax at a lower rate in real terms than we were in 2010. This is despite sharp falls in Revenue Support Grant from Whitehall and above inflation increases such as the cost of care for the elderly and vulnerable, both of which are beyond the Council’s control.  It has been said that we have lost or may lose up to 30% of Council services. That is incorrect. Yes there have been cuts to some services such as bus travel, but against this we should be thankful that by careful management of our resources frontline services in Wiltshire have been maintained, and our libraries and most other facilities remain open.  Further information is available from the Leader of the Council’s Budget Speech at: www.wiltshire.gov.uk/jane-scott-budget-speech-handout-2016-23feb.pdf    The Chairman thanked the members of the public for attending and thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report. The meeting reconvened at 8.20 pm 7. 69.15 Finance Report: The Chairman of the F& P Cttee Cllr Warren reported that the Clerk had presented and circulated the Income and Expenditure report along with Bank Reconciliations produced from the accounts package and the latest bank statements which the Cllrs accepted. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Warren Agreed nem con. The following cheques were noted and/or presented for authorisation as per approved contracts or IAW   Standing Orders: 1530 Bawden Svcs Ltd (Gd Maintenance & Bin Emptying Dec 15) £697.92 VAT £116.32 1531 P Gill (Verio - Website Support 1 Jan 16) £98.33 1532 Homefront (New Play Eqpt 12 Jan 16) £15,962.00 VAT £2660.33 1533 T Greenwood (Megaship accessories 22 Jan 16) £ 454.48 VAT £75.75 1534 JRC Cleaning (Bus Shelters 17 Feb 16) 1535 Bawden Svcs Ltd (Gd Maintenance & Bin Emptying 29 Jan 16) £697.92 VAT £116.32 1536 Bawden Svcs Ltd (Gd Maintenance & Bin Emptying 29 Feb 16) £697.92 VAT £116.32 1537 Mr P Gill (Salary & Expenses Feb& Mar 16) £683.04 1538 HM Revenue & Customs (Tax & NI Feb & Mar 16) £170.80 1539 SEE (Recreation Gd Electric 8 Mar 16) £24.23 VAT 1.15 Proposed by Cllr Gomes seconded by Cllr Cockerton Agreed nem con Workplace Pensions. Cllr Gomes briefed Cllrs regarding the actions taken to date and the future actions required to set up a Workplace Pension Scheme for the Clerk in time for the staging date of 1 June 2016. Collingbourne C of E Primary School.  Having considered a request from Collingbourne C of E Primary School for a grant in support of the school's Wildlife Garden Project Cllrs agreed to make a grant of £500.00 in this FY and a further grant of £500.00 in FY 2016/17 despite these the fact that these grants had not been factored into the budget planning for FY 16/17. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Gomes Agreed nem con Finance & Property. Having considered a proposal from Cllr Cockerton to have separate committees for Finance and Property Cllrs agreed to make the separation at the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council in May. 8. 70.15 Property Report:  The Chairman of the F&P Cttee presented a property report covering the following:  New Play Equipment.  After discussion of safety checks and contact signage Cllr Cockerton agreed to draw up a grid of checks and Cllr Warren agreed to identify a safety sign.  Cllr Greenwood informed Cllrs that the laying asphalt and the fixing roof shingles was to be completed once the weather had warmed up. Play Area Inspections. Cllr Warren reported she had conducted inspections on a regular basis and would send the Clerk the dates of the checks.  Recreation Ground.  Having considered a letter from Collingbourne Cricket Club regarding broadleaf weed infestation on the Recreation Ground Cllrs agreed to have the infestation treated on the basis that the CCC pays 40% of the cost with the Football Team pays 20% and that the work was not to be ordered until the CCC and Football team had paid their respective percentages to the Parish Council.  It is anticipated that the cost will be in the region of £350.00 +VAT.  Members directed the Clerk to get a quote and to contact the CCC and the Football Team. Proposed Cllr Greenwood   by seconded by Cllr Warren Agreed nem con   Action:  Cllr Clerk 9. 71.15 Planning Report:  The Chairman of the Planning Cttee reported that the following planning applications had been received from Wilts Council: 15/12783/TPO  -  Ash Tree - Fell because of excessive shading  at 18 Saunders Meadow. The Cllrs objected as they felt that Ash Die-Back is causing the loss of a lot of this country's valuable Ash trees and that pruning would be a better option to reduce shading rather than losing the tree altogether. 16/00116/OUT  - Outline application for new two storey dwelling with detached garage with all matters reserved at 2 New Cottages.  The Cllrs expressed the following concerns regarding this application: Exit onto the A338 just as cars are speeding up into the 40mph zone heading north out of the village.  Dangerous exit as 40mph cars are coming over the brow of a hill heading south into the village. Visibility is poor in both directions. Construction is outside the village settlement boundary. Building is behind building line. Incremental impact on our sewage pipe flooding issue.  16/00044/FUL  - Proposed construction of new underground dwelling at land at Cadley Road, Collingbourne Ducis, SN8 3ED.  The Cllrs objected based on the fact that this property would be outside the village settlement boundary. 16/00465/FUL - Single-storey extension and erection of new single garage at Springer's, Cadley Road.   The Cllrs raised no objections. 16/01535/FUL & 16/01668/LBC - Erection of Bungalow on Land at Station House, Cadley RoadAlthough Cllrs raised no objections in principle they deferred mailing a firm directed until Cllr Cockerton gained clarification from Wilts Cllr Howard regarding some of the wording in the application and the reply by date. Proposed by Cllr Cockerton seconded by Cllr Greenwood. Agreed nem con     Action:  Cllr Cockerton   10. 72.15  Neighbourhood Plan.  Having considered developing a Neighbourhood Plan Cllrs agreed to defer this item to the next meeting. 10. 73.15 Highway Matters: A338 Action Group.   Cllr Haverson reported that this group appears to be defunct.  Item closed. 12. 74.15 General. Internet Provider.  Having note termination of the current contract on 30 Sep 16 and considered the selection of an alternative provider Cllrs agreed that Cllr Cockerton was to investigate the market and circulate by email a recommendation on an alternative provider.  Cllr Greenwood seconded by Cllr Warren. Agreed nem con     Action:  Cllr Cockerton Queen's 90th Birthday.  Having considered possible events  for the Queen's 90th Birthday Cllrs agreed that as there was a Village "Clean for the Queen" litter pick event planned for Saturday 9 April the Council would support that event and that Cllr Warren was to be the lead Cllr. Village Community Event 2016.  In the absence of Cllrs M & A Fordham   Cllrs agreed to defer this item to the next meeting in the expectation that Cllrs M & A Fordham to provide draft proposal. Action:  Cllrs M & A Fordham to draw up draft proposal. Vodaphone Open Reach Sure Signal Programme.  Cllr Cockerton reported that this programme was not viable.  Item Closed. Speed Watch Scheme.  In the absence of Cllr Denis this item was deferred to the next meeting. Action:  Cllr Denis Emergency Plan.  In the absence of Cllrs Roper and M Fordham this item was deferred to the next meeting. Action:  Cllrs Haverson, Roper and M Fordham. Everleigh Recycling Site.  Cllr Cockerton reported that Wilts Council had changed its plan to close the Everleigh Recycling Site.  Item Closed. Burial Ground.  Consider adequateness of footpath lighting.  In the absence of Cllrs M & A Fordham   Cllrs agreed to defer this item to the next meeting in the expectation that Cllrs M & A Fordham to provide draft proposal. Action:  Cllrs M & A Fordham to draw up draft proposal. Complaints.  No complaints received. 13. 75.15 Co-Option.  Mr Peter Knowlson indicated verbally that he would like to be considered for co-option.. The Clerk confirmed that he was eligible and that Mr Knowlson writ to the Council expressing his wish to be co-opted.  14. 76.15 Date of Next Meeting:  The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Thursday 12 May 2016 following the Annual Parish meeting.   The meeting closed at 22.00 pm. Signed: Chairman: